Since the beginning of portable music players, from MP3s to iPods, we listen to music everywhere, all the time. The way we stream music always changes with the growing technology, and for the last couple of years, we have Apple Music or Spotify and more to stream from. One of our favorite music streaming apps, Spotify, has become huge in these days. Spotify app always finds a way to improve itself and stays current. So, when any technical error with it happens, it can become quite frustrating. Not having access to your music everywhere or not listening to it properly when you want to is a huge problem in simple daily life. In this article, we will tell you why your Spotify keeps pausing and what to do when Spotify randomly pauses.
Solutions When Spotify Keeps Pausing
Sometimes even an app like Spotify crashes or has technical issues. Most of the users have faced the problem where Spotify suddenly or randomly pauses the music. That is a common problem, but there are some solutions you might benefit from. Here we have gathered a couple of quick fixes that you can accept as a solution.
- One of the main reasons for Spotify’s auto-pause can be your battery saving mode. Try turning off your power-saving mode.
- If the problem continues, try uninstalling & reinstalling the app.
- Try restarting your phone and your router. Make sure you have a proper internet connection.
Signing Out From Everywhere
Your online experience may be ruined by some technical problems sometimes. The most common question with these problems is: Why does Spotify stop playing?
To solve this irritating issue, we have one last suggestion to fix it. If you’re signed in with your Spotify account from multiple devices, it might be the cause of auto pausing. When you are streaming from one device but connected to others, the app might get confused about where to play the song, stopping the music. One way to solve it is to sign out from all devices:
- Log in to your Spotify account from the website.
- Click on Account Overview.
- You’ll see the “Sign out everywhere” option on the right bottom corner.
- Click on it, and you will be signed out from your devices.
Turning Off Battery Saving Mode
As we explained before, turning on the low-battery mode might also be a reason. To turn off battery mode:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on “Battery Saver” and turn it off.
You can also exclude Spotify from the battery saving mode in Android:
- Open Settings.
- From Device settings, tap on Battery.
- Tap on Battery Optimization
- From the Spotify app, click on Don’t Optimize.
- Swipe down your screen from the top.
- Tap on the battery icon to turn it off.
FAQs on Spotify Pausing
You need to log in from the Spotify website and change your personal information from Settings.
If you are a Spotify Premium user, you can listen everywhere without the internet. In normal subscriptions, you need data to stream music.
Yes, from the website, go to Edit and then Preferences.
When you are logged in to Spotify from multiple devices, you can control which device you want to use from any of the phones or computers you are logged in with.
Besides technical app glitches, Spotify stops playing automatically when you disconnect your headphones.
Concluding with Spotify Keeps Pausing
In this article, we answered why does your Spotify keep pausing. We tried to suggest a few fixes and solutions, and hopefully, we were able to help. If you want to learn more about Spotify, check out our articles about it. This way, you can learn how to use Spotify in a better way.