Since Instagram is for sharing things, we want to share interesting things we find on the internet. That is why we like to show interesting content by copying and pasting. We want to do the same on Instagram. In fact, we can share copied material on Instagram but not always like the way we want. Instagram does not let its users share copied media and that is why people ask; where is Instagram Clipboard?
You can copy and paste texts on Instagram easily, but pasting a visual media is rather more difficult. Of course, you can download the visual media on your phone and share it on Instagram. Although it is possible to copy and paste visual media. Yet, if you do not have space on your device for downloading or you just do not want to download, you would want to copy the media to the Clipboard.
Clipboard on Instagram Posts
It is easy to reach your Instagram clipboard. You can see the Clipboard in two places. One of them is on the post sharing page, and another one is on the Story sharing page. First, let’s look at how you can reach the clipboard when you are posting a photo. Just follow the steps below.
- Go to the website you want to copy material from. Once you copy, head back to Instagram.
- When you are on Instagram, tap on the ‘+’ icon in a square box and reach your gallery.
- Choose a photo from your gallery to share and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose a filter or edit your photo and then tap ‘Next’ again.
- You will be directed to the ‘New Post’ page.
- You will see ‘Write a caption…’ part here, tap and hold on that part.
- Then you will be able to see the ‘Clipboard,’ tap on it.
- Once you tap on ‘Clipboard,’ you will see the content in your clipboard and you can choose them from here.
This is how you can see the clipboard on Instagram. When you open the Clipboard, you would be surprised because you will find very old media, that you have forgotten about. You can access the clipboard in the same way both on iOS and Android.
However, it is not possible to get visual media from the Clipboard. You can see the visual media you have copied but that is about it. There is no way to paste this type of media. Visual content will have red stripes on them, meaning you cannot select them.
Clipboard on Instagram Stories
Finding the Clipboard on Stories is not difficult. It is pretty different than the steps before. The place of the Clipboard might surprise you. Let’s take a look at the steps for finding the Clipboard on Instagram Stories:
- The first step is the same as before, go to the website you want to copy material from. Once you copy, head back to Instagram.
- When you are on Instagram swipe right to get to the camera.
- When you are on the camera page, tap on the gallery button on the bottom left side of the page.
- Select an image from your gallery.
- Once your photo or video pops up, tap on the ‘Aa’ button on the upper right side of the page.
- Once you tap and hold on the text entry box, the ‘Clipboard’ button will pop up and you will be able to choose your copied material from there.
There is one difference on this Clipboard. Surprise! You can select visual content now. You can select photos from this Clipboard and the photo you select will appear on the photo that you have chosen for your Story. However, you can change its size and completely cover your Story photo by your pasted photo.
Instagram Clipboard in Short
We have covered the issue of where the Clipboard on Instagram is. We mentioned that it is possible to find the Clipboard in two places on Instagram and what kind of content you can share from each other. We hope this article has answered the question ‘where is Instagram Clipboard?’ and help you with your sharings on Instagram.
To learn more about Instagram such as adding special characters or making icons, read our latest articles about Instagram.