Do you ever wonder what the best time to post on Instagram is?
Let’s be honest: who posts an image on Instagram and wants it not to get any likes?!
Admit it, that person does not exist.
Still and secretly, we update the app repeatedly, just to see how much hearts our new filter masterpiece has already collected.
And now we do not put you on the torture anymore.
After all, you want to know WHEN is the best time for your fashion, food, and fitness posts, right?
Small spoiler: Food, fashion, and workout pics are successful at different times!
So, learn about your category on Instagram and go different!
You can also be interested in How to Edit Instagram Posts.
When Do You Get the Most Likes on Instagram?
Our website came up with the idea to start a study to determine when you get the most likes for a photo on Instagram.
Details below as steps:
- Over 1.2 million posts were posted on Instagram at specific times. The study evaluated this data and found that the best time to post a photo on Instagram is between 6 pm and 7:30 pm during the week and at 11 pm on weekends.
- And why? Because at this time, most users are on Instagram. This means that the likelihood that your image will be seen is higher.
- For some of you, that may not be surprising news, but it should be said that, of course, that depends largely on who your followers are: whether they are in other time zones, have different working hours.
- The study also found out which filters and what content is most popular on Instagram. The most commonly used filter on Instagram is Gingham – with this filter, you get the most likes and comments statistically. Filter Claredon follows this.
- And the most popular content? Photos of personal experiences (like a weight-loss diary or a trip) get an average of 22 percent more likes than other photos posted on the same account. Shortly following after pictures of animals.
- Of course, we hope that you know deep inside that the only validation you need realizes that you are a valuable person and love yourself!
The Best Time to Post on Instagram
Below are the best times to post on Instagram:
- Between 15 and 21 o’clock, most fans are online. The average most active time is 19 o’clock. No wonder this is the time when most of them are already at home, have left the work behind, and can now devote themselves to Instagram and Co.
- So try to empathize with your target audience. If your target audience is students, the peak times may be closer to the lectures or early afternoon (before the student parties start).
- If you are more of a business person, the perfect times could be in the morning (7-10) and evenings (from 9 pm). You should also adjust your content or contributions to the times.
- Mornings to mornings method: publishing a party photo from yesterday evening in most cases will not bring the desired success. However, these are just examples to make more reliable statements; you should first define your target audience.
Post at Peak Times for Visibility and Engagement
Consistency is key to having success in your Instagram strategy. An Instagram scheduler is your best bet for making that happen.
If Instagram isn’t already part of your social media marketing, it’s time to reconsider.
The number of companies joining Instagram is growing exponentially because it makes it easy for businesses to share their company stories and brand awareness through visual content.
But if you are just a regular user, it can be useful to schedule your posts for maximizing reach and likes.
It’s a known fact that accounts that post once a day (7 a week) have the most engagement rates; with only 5% of accounts doing that, it’s a sure way to get ahead of the game.
If you are not looking to get serious about frequently posting to Instagram, and you just want to know in general what the best times to post on Instagram are.
It varies by day, followers, account, and many more factors, and typically it’s never one size fits all, but in general, it looks like this.
- The best times to post on Instagram are usually going to be on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
6 am-8 am can be great because people tend to check their phones right after getting up. However, posting videos early in the morning can be counter-intuitive because no one wants to waste too much time on Instagram straight in the morning.
For videos, those should be after 5 pm up until 2 am. (for the big portion who work 9-5)
The Best Weekday for Instagram Sharings
What is the best time to post on Instagram? Sometimes even when you put out the best possible content, you can’t reach all of your followers because you posted at the wrong time.
Believe it or not, there are better times to post on Instagram. But how do you find the best time to post that sprout likes? Since everyone has different followers and can differ from account to account, you should just do trial and error.
- Friday and Saturday are rather weak days compared to the rest of the week. The reason is that my target group is on Fridays and Saturdays on the way or is celebrating.
- Sunday and Monday are the prime and most active days, as social media experts suggest.
- Sunday 19:00 – 21:00
- Monday 19:00 – 20:00
- This can vary from target group to target group, of course, but you can orientate yourself at these times since my target group is in the lifestyle sector and is between the ages of 18-36 and thus very broad.
Time your posts to Instagram to figure out an ideal time for you. However, if you don’t have the time for that or are just lazy, there are 3rd party apps for social media management that feature timed posts.
Use them at your discretion, though, because you probably will have to include your account information when signing up. These are a few you could try out if you decide to do so.
Do your research on these apps, as most of them have both trials and paid services.
What About the Weekends?
You might think to post over the evening on the weekend can work out, but generally, that’s not true as on the weekends’ people tend to be outside or doing activities they can’t normally do on a weekday.
Especially on Sundays, you should avoid posting.
FAQs About the Best Time to Post on Instagram
Post engagement includes every action that people perform on your posts like reacting, liking, leaving a comment, sharing, or clicking a link on them.
Actually, no matter how quality your posts are, your first couple posts get almost all of the likes you will get in the day, and the rest of your posts will get you more bad than good, may influence some of your followers to unfollow you. So, 10 posts a week can be deemed good.
If the photo you want to post with someone you don’t know takes a position in a public area, you can post it without asking permission previously.
Hashtags work on every giant social media as long as you use them the right way. You should research both the hashtag’s relevancy to your niche and the competition inside the hashtag.
You should do marketing research, visibility research, time adjustments, and check the organic results that the post you want to boost as an ad first. If all your researches and adjustments are made and the post did a good job organically, it can achieve great success as an ad too.
To Conclude the Best Time to Post on Instagram
Therefore, exploiting the internet and, in particular, Instagram allows us to keep up with the times both from a strictly social point of view and from a strictly economic point of view.