Do you ever wonder what the best time to post on Instagram is?
Let’s be honest: who posts an image on Instagram and wants it to not get any likes?! Admit it does not exist.
Still and secretly, we update the app over and over again, just to see how much hearts our new filter masterpiece has already collected.
The Best Times for Fashion, Food and Fitness Posts on Instagram 2019
And now we do not put you on the torture anymore. After all, you want to know WHEN is the best time for your fashion, food and fitness posts, right? Small spoiler: Food, fashion and workout pics are successful at different times! So, learn about your category on Instagram and go different!
When Do You Get the Most Likes on Instagram 2019?
Our web site came up with the idea to start a study to determine the time when you get the most likes for a photo on Instagram. Details below as steps:
- Over 1.2 million posts were posted on Instagram at specific times. The study evaluated this data and found that the best time to post a photo on Instagram is between 6pm and 7:30 pm during the week and at 11pm on weekends.
- And why? Because at this time most users are on Instagram. This means that the likelihood that your image will be seen is higher.
- For some of you, that may not be surprising news, but it should be said that, of course, that depends largely on who your followers are: whether they are in other time zones, have different working hours.
- The study also found out which filters and what content is most popular on Instagram. The most commonly used filter on Instagram is Gingham – with this filter you get statistically the most likes and comments. This is followed by the filter Claredon.
- And the most popular content? Photos of personal experiences (like a weight-loss diary or a trip) get an average of 22 percent more likes than other photos posted on the same account. Shortly afterwards follow pictures of animals.
- Of course, we hope that you know deep inside that the only validation you need is the realization that you are a valuable person and love yourself!
The Best Time to Post on Instagram in 2019
- Between 15 and 21 o’clock most fans are online. The average most active time is 19 o’clock. No wonder, this is the time when most of them are already at home, have left the work behind and can now devote themselves to Instagram and Co.
- So try to empathize with your target audience. If your target audience is students, the peak times may be closer to the lectures or early afternoon (before the student parties start).
- If you are more of a business person, the perfect times could be in the morning (7-10) and evenings (from 9pm). You should also adjust your content or contributions to the times.
- Mornings to mornings method: publishing a party photo from yesterday evening in most cases will not bring the desired success. However, these are just examples to make more reliable statements, you should first define your target audience.
The Best Weekday for Instagram Sharings in 2019
- It is clear that Friday and Saturday are rather weak days compared to the rest of the week. The reason is that my target group is on Fridays and Saturdays on the way or is celebrating.
- Sunday and Monday are the most active days as social media experts suggest.
- Sunday 19:00 – 21:00
- Monday 19:00 – 20:00
- This can vary from target group to target group, of course, but you can orientate yourself at these times, since my target group is in the lifestyle sector and is between the ages of 18-36 and thus very broad.
What is the best time to post on Instagram? Sometimes even when you put out the best possible content you can’t reach all of your followers because you posted at the wrong time. Believe it or not, there are better times to post on Instagram. But how do you find the best time to post? Since everyone has different followers and it can differ from account to account you should just do trial and error. Time your posts to Instagram to figure out an ideal time for you. However, if you don’t have the time for that or you are just lazy, there are 3rd party apps for social media management that feature timed posts. Use them at your discretion though because you probably will have to include your account information when signing up. These are a few you could try out if you decide to do so.
Do your research on these apps, as most of them have both trials and paid services.
Post at peak times for the most reach and engagement
Consistency is key to having success in your Instagram strategy. An Instagram scheduler is your best bet for making that happen. If Instagram isn’t already part of your social media marketing, it’s time to reconsider. The number of companies joining Instagram is growing exponentially, because it makes it easy for businesses to share their company stories and brand awareness through visual content. But if you are just a regular user it can be useful to schedule your posts for maximizing reach and likes. It’s a known fact that accounts that post once a day (7 a week) have the most engagement rates. With only 5% of accounts doing that it’s a sure way to get ahead of the game.
If you are not looking to get serious about posting frequently to Instagram and you just want to know in general what are the best times to post on Instagram. It varies by day, followers, account, and a lot more factors and typically it’s never one size fits all, but in general it looks like this.
The best times to post on Instagram are usually going to be on Mondays Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
6am-8am can be great because people tend to check their phones right after getting up. However posting videos early in the morning can be counter intuitive because no one wants to waste too much time on Instagram straight in the morning. For videos those should be after 5pm up until 2am. (for the big portion who work 9-5)
How about the Weekend?
You might think posting over the evening on the weekend can work out but generally that’s not true as on the weekends people tend to be outside or doing activities they can’t normally do on a weekday. Especially Sundays you want to avoid.
Pages that you may be interested in: Download Instagram Posts
We recommend that you read our previous article titled How To Link Instagram To Facebook 2019