It can be difficult when choosing the right video or picture format for your Instagram posts. Both photos and videos have certain limits you should abide by to maximize the overall look of your posts.
Your goal when uploading videos should always be to get the most screen possible. What you can see from successful Instagram video creators is that they use the 4:5 aspect ratio format because they are looking to get the most screen real estate possible. (Instagram Support)
- Format: MOV or MP4
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Frame rate: 20-60 FPS.
- Picture size:
Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
Minimum aspect ratio [columns/ rows]: 4 / 5
Maximum aspect ratio [columns / rows]: 16 / 9
- Bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum
- Formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
- Up to 8 MB
- Square – 1:1 aspect ratio
- Landscape images – Max 1.91:1
- Portrait images – 4:5 aspect ratio
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum resolution: 150×150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920×1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Aspect ratio templates:
- Square – 1:1 aspect ratio (for example 1080 x 1080)
- Portrait images – 4:5 aspect ratio (for example 1350px x 1080px)
- Landscape images – Max 1.91:1 (for example 1080px x 608px)
- Story images – 16:9 aspect ratio (for example 1080 x 1920)
Videos that get more attention:
Videos on Loop: You can Loop your videos through Instagram to make them similar to Vine
Stop motion Videos: Animation that is captured one frame at time, with physical objects that are moved between frames. When you play back the sequence of images rapidly, it creates the illusion of movement.
Time Lapse Videos: Videos that are essentially speeded up and time appears to be moving faster
Tutorials: How to Videos are always going to be relevant and shouldn’t be disregarded
Product in Action: A video of your product being used to show how it works and how it’s useful
Behind the Scenes: Showing transparency like this can really create a trustworthy relationship with your audience
Pages that you may be interested in: https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/how-to-reactivate-instagram-account
We recommend that you read our previous article titled How Much do Instagram Models Make?