What is the meaning of TBH on Instagram? For example, tbh could mean someone is commenting “tbh you’re gorgeous” on your post. However, the meaning of tbh hasn’t entirely changed; it carries a more positive aspect of social media users. So, tbh can be used differently depending on who and how it’s used.
- Person A: Huawei is my new favorite phone. Their phones are amazing.
- Person B: Tbh, I think they are nothing compared to Samsung’s newest models.
But especially with teens on Instagram and Tumblr, they have added a different meaning to tbh. They use phrases like “like for a tbh” or “Reply to my picture for a tbh.” What they mean by that is more of a compliment to give to each other.
Before social media, the acronym “tbh” meant “to be honest” as something to say when you are trying to be honest or frank, generally about an uncomfortable subject.
What Is Online Slang?
Acronyms are a big part of the internet. Whether you learn them or not, they will always be used, and new ones are always going to be adapted to. Even businesses have started to use online slang as a part of social media marketing.
Suppose you plan on maintaining a close relationship with social media. You can follow and learn these acronyms with sites like the Urban Dictionary.
Most Common Acronyms Used Online
- 2moro – Tomorrow
- 2nite – Tonight
- BRB – Be Right Back
- BTW – By the Way -or- Bring The Wheelchair -or- Booty To Win
- B4N – Bye for Now
- BCNU – Be Seeing You
- BFF – Best Friends Forever
- CYA – See Ya
- DBEYR – Don’t Believe Everything You Read
- DILLIGAS – Do I Look Like I Give A Sh**
- DT – Down to or Downtown
- FWIW – For What It’s Worth
- GR8 – Great
- ILY – I Love You
- IMHO – In My Humble Opinion
- IRL – In Real Life
- ISO – In Search Of
- J/K – Just Kidding
- LMAO – Laughing My Ass Off
- LOL – Laughing Out Loud -or- Lots Of Love
- LYLAS – Love You Like A Sister
- MHOTY – My Hat’s Off To You
- NIMBY – Not In My Back Yard
- NP – No Problem
- NUB – New person to a site or game
- OIC – Oh, I See
- OMG – Oh My God
- OT – Off-Topic
- POV – Point Of View
- RBTL – Read Between The Lines
- ROTFLMAO – Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
- RT – Real-Time -or- ReTweet
- THX or TX or THKS – Thanks
- SH – Sh** Happens
- SITD – Still In The Dark
- SOL – Sh** Out of Luck -or- Sooner Or Later
- STBY – Sucks To Be You
- SWAK – Sealed (or Sent) With A Kiss
- RTM – Read The Manual
- TMI – Too Much Information
- TTYL – Talk To You Later -or- Type To You Later
- TYVM – Thank You Very Much
- WTF – What The F***
- WYWH – Wish You Were Here
- XOXO – Hugs and Kisses
Online slang can help you with your bonding with potential or already existing followers.
You can have exclusive abbreviations dedicated to your bond, and you can build your online tribe on Instagram. These people can help you to grow your engagements tremendously and get new fresh sales with time.
FAQs About TBH Meaning and Online Slang
THANQ is the online slang acronym that stands for thank you.
“Bae” is commonly used as a short version for baby, or babe, as another word for sweetie.
FYP is used to address the “For You” page on the TikTok app.
OG is a slang term for identifying someone as an incredibly exceptional, authentic, or “old-school.”
“OK boomer” is a catchphrase widely used as an emoji by teenagers or adolescents to dismiss or mock the attitudes of people older than them.
To Conclude TBH’s Meaning
As you may realize, there are tons of abbreviations online, and we can’t list every one of them even if we want to and work for that for months. However, we listed the most common ones above, and you can start including them in your online dictionary.
Well, did we miss any online slang abbreviations that are popular among the young generation? If we did, please list them down below and their meanings. We love to learn, and we’ll happily incorporate them in the list for our future readers to benefit.
Thank you for choosing InstaFollowers!