Almost every day we see different and new applications. As long as technology continues to evolve, these applications will always exist. Name of the latest crazy invention of social media: Snapchat. Let’s look at what this great application is and how it works. You will also find the answer for the question: what is Snapchat.
Snapchat in brief; is a fun application that allows you to share short-term photos and videos to your friends. Since there is interaction on Snapchat, it is possible to say that the application is a social network. You can add text and emojis in different styles over the content you share.
These contents appear only in 1 to 10 seconds and are automatically deleted.
How to Use Snapchat Like a Pro
It is very easy to use and practical. Even if it is slightly different from other social media applications, you get used to it in a short time:
- Download the app from Android or iOS market. You can download it from a browser by writing your phone number as well.
- You can instantly see who is using your snapchat in your phone book.
- Add contacts to your list
- Once registered, you can start sharing content.
- To add photos or videos, press the round boat in the center of the screen. If you press it 1 time, it takes a photo, if you press it for a long time, it starts video recording.
- Before sharing content, you can set how many seconds people in your list can see this content. You can choose from 1 to 10 seconds.
- You can adjust your application settings from the Settings tab in the top right corner.
Acronyms & Abbreviations
If you started using the platform, you should know some terms. We have prepared a Snapchat dictionary for you. If you want to be a professional user, you need to know them:
- Snapchatter: Snapchat user.
- Snap: As you can guess, it is either a photo or a video. Sending a Snap, especially with filters would get you Trophies.
- Story: Like other social media applications, it also has a story option. Like any other, Snapchat Stories disappear after 24 hours.
- Snapcode: Similar to QR code, lets you add new friends. You can access it from the Bitmoji or the ghost icon in the corner of the camera screen. By reading the Snapcode, you can simply add people to your friends list.
- Score: It is a scoring system that tells you how many days you have used the app.
- Snapchat Memories: Now it is possible to upload photos and saved Snaps from your camera roll. This way you can show more content about your life, just like Instagram Highligh Stories.
- Filter: A feature that lets you add crazy effects to your shared content. Makes your sharing more fun
- Snap Map: Check out and contribute to the Snap Map on your travels. This way you can see what is going on throughout the world and people can see where you are. If you turn on the Ghost Mode on the map, only the people you choose can see your location.
How to Delete Snapchat
If you want to close your Snapchat account, you must log in at http://accounts.snapchat.com/. Log in by typing your password and apply to close your account. The 30-day term is temporarily closed and no one can access your account.
If you do not reactivate in 30 days, it is permanently deleted and you cannot use it again. Removing the app from your mobile device does not mean deleting your account. You must surely process from the website.
What Are Filters?
As in most photo sharing apps, there are filters on Snapchat. When we evaluate filter usage, we see that Snapchat has a much richer filter package than other social media sites.
Snapchat filters are really spectacular and crazy. With hundreds of different filters, you can differentiate the use of the application.
To use Snapchat Lenses, you need to enable this feature in the application’s settings section. You can also find different applications for filters in the app market. One of the most important features of Snapchat is its filters.