Almost every day, we see different and new applications. As long as technology continues to evolve, these applications will always exist. Name of the latest crazy invention of social media: Snapchat. Let’s look at what this great application is and how it works. You will also find the answer to the question: What is Snapchat.
Snapchat, in brief, is a fun application that allows you to share short-term photos and videos with your friends. Since there is interaction on Snapchat, it is possible to say that it is a social network. You can add text and emojis in different styles over the content you share.
These contents appear only in 1 to 10 seconds and are automatically deleted.
How to Use Snapchat Like a Pro
It is very easy to use and practical. Even if it is slightly different from other social media applications, you get used to it in a short time:
- Download the app from the Android or iOS market. You can download it from a browser as well.
- You can instantly see who is using Snapchat in your phone book.
- Add contacts to your list.
- Once registered, you can start sharing content.
- To add photos or videos, press the round boat in the center of the screen. If you press it one time, it takes a photo; if you press it for a long time, it starts video recording.
- Before sharing content, you can set how many seconds people in your list can see this content. You can choose from 1 to 10 seconds.
- You can adjust your application settings from the Settings tab in the top right corner.
Snapchat Features: Snap, Stories, and Chat
Snapchat’s home screen is a little dazed the first time around. You will not find, like Facebook and Twitter, a list of friends’ posts, but a camera screen. It takes you a little while to get used to the fact that photography is everything here, and the temptation to delete it immediately, at first, is great. It takes willpower to carry on.
In the middle bottom, we see the button that allows you to take a photo or to shoot a video if we hold it down for a long time. Once this is done, we can retouch the shot with the various effects that the app makes available to us: draw freehand, add stickers, filters (which modify the whole photo) or add effects that will transform our face into that of a dog, a cat, a funny face. The application automatically recognizes faces, i.e., nose, eyes, and mouth, and positions objects accordingly by itself. This is one of the functions that millennials like the most, also because the filters change according to the day and the place.
What do we do with these photos? We can send them as a Snap or as a Story, and then there is the Chat, which is only written; you cannot send photos from here.
Acronyms & Abbreviations
If you started using the platform, you should know some terms. We have prepared a Snapchat dictionary for you. If you want to be a professional user, you need to know them:
- Snapchatter: Snapchat user.
- Snap: As you can guess, it is either a photo or a video. Sending a Snap, especially with, filters would get you Trophies.
- Story: Like other social media applications, it also has a story option. Like any other, Snapchat Stories disappear after 24 hours.
- Snapcode: Similar to the QR code, it lets you add new friends. You can access it from Bitmoji or the ghost icon in the corner of the camera screen. By reading the Snapcode, you can simply add people to your friends’ list.
- Score: It is a scoring system that tells you how many days you have used the app.
- Snapchat Memories: Now, it is possible to upload photos and saved Snaps from your camera roll. This way, you can show more content about your life, just like Instagram Highlight Stories.
- Filter: A feature that lets you add crazy effects to your shared content; makes your sharing more fun.
- Snap Map: Check out and contribute to the Snap Map on your travels. This way, you can see what is going on throughout the world, and people can see where you are. If you turn on the Ghost Mode on the map, only the people you choose can see your location.
How to Delete Snapchat
If you want to close your Snapchat account, you must log in to http://accounts.snapchat.com/. Log in by typing your password and apply to close your account. The 30-day term is temporarily closed, and no one can access your account.
If you do not reactivate in 30 days, it is permanently deleted, and you cannot use it again. Removing the app from your mobile device does not mean deleting your account. You must surely process it from the website.
What Are Filters?
As in most photo-sharing apps, there are filters on Snapchat. When we evaluate filter usage, we see that the platform has a much richer filter package than other social media sites.
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat
Since its initial release in 2011, the famous messaging application Snapchat has kept adding new features to its arsenal. Watchword? Facilitation. Ind...
Snapchat filters are spectacular and crazy. With hundreds of different filters, you can differentiate the use of the application.
To use Lenses, you need to enable this feature in the application’s settings section. You can also find different applications for filters in the app market. One of the most important features of the platform is its filters.
To Conclude Snapchat
You could still write a lot on Snapchat and list other interesting Snapchatters in various industries, such as Hilary Clinton during her election campaign or Schwarzenegger visiting Texan boot factories, or the NFL or the NBA.
There is no doubt that, in the future, Snapchat will annoy Facebook a lot: today, it is an option for brands to get out of the cage imposed by the Facebook feed algorithm.