LinkedIn is an excellent social platform to connect with potential business partners, employers, and colleagues. You can meet many people and expand your business circle. For example, if you’re looking for a job, you can share your resume and apply. LinkedIn provides great convenience to bring your profile to more people. The short text you type in your internet browser when you want to go to a website is called a URL. You can contact many people by sharing your URL on LinkedIn. When you go to a job application, they may ask for your LinkedIn URL to better understand you. You can also imply your URL to your other social media platforms, so your social circle will be informed about your profession and professional experiences.
LinkedIn sets your original URL, but you can customize it if you want. The URL is specific to your user profile.
How Can You Find Your LinkedIn URL on Internet Browser?
How will you find out your URL? Finding your URL is easy. It’ll only take seconds, let’s see.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com and log in with your username and password.
- There is a toolbar at the upper side of your home screen; click the “Me” button that appears with your profile photo to open a drop-down menu of options.
- Tap “View Profile” to go to your profile page.
- After your profile is loaded, check your URL bar. So here is your LinkedIn URL.
How Can You Find Your LinkedIn URL on Mobile App?
Finding your URL on mobile is also easy:
- Click on your LinkedIn mobile app.
- Tap the ‘View Profile’ option
- Scroll to the lower end of the page to the contact section. In here, you will see your URL.
How Do You Change Your LinkedIn URL?
As we mentioned earlier, LinkedIn allows you to customize your URL if you want. By customizing your URL, you can make it more memorable and less complex. This makes it quite simpler for other users to find you. You can set your URL that way, how you want to be known in the business world.
The URL you change can only contain letters and numbers. This is also called URL shortening.
Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, you will see “Edit public profile and URL” on the right side of your profile page.” This will open a new tab.
- Copy the URL under “Edit your custom URL” on the right side of your profile page. This is your current URL address of your LinkedIn.
- In the section of Edit your custom URL, click the small pin icon to the right of your profile URL.
- Type the URL you want to use on your profile in the box and click “Save” to save your changes. LinkedIn will alert you if the new URL you selected has already been taken or is unavailable. When your new URL is approved, a message box will appear on confirming this.
A Few Tips If You Want to Change Your URL
- Sometimes, the URL of your choice may have already been taken by someone else. In this case, you can choose the one closest to you among the few options that LinkedIn offers.
- To not confuse people, you should either have no numbers in your URL or keep the numbers to a minimum.
- The shorter your URL is, the more catchy it will be.
FAQ’s on What Is My LinkedIn URL
You can change your URL up to 5 times in 6 months. Changing your URL a lot of times may make it hard for people to find you.
After changing your URL, you can immediately revert to your old URL.
Your custom URL can have a 5-30 character. It must be letters or numbers. Don’t use spaces, symbols, or special characters.
You should use your name and/or your professional brand since you’ll share this URL with people.
You can’t use uppercase letters in your LinkedIn URL; LinkedIn is case insensitive.
Conclusion of What Is My URL
Our article told you what your LinkedIn URL is, how you can customize it, and what to look for when personalizing it.
We hope we could help.