DM, direct message, Instagram messages is one of the best features of Instagram as it lets you send photos, videos or texts to someone you choose privately. Back then when Instagram first launched in 2010, that wasn’t possible and you couldn’t send Instagram messages in any way until 2013. In 2013, Instagram messages has launched and the whole game changed. (Instagram Support)
With Instagram DM, you can do the following operations
- Sending plain text messages
- Sending videos or images from your device.
- Forwarding disappearing images or videos you take through the Instagram app.
- Sending Instagram profiles.
- Sending the posts or videos on your feed.
- Forwarding hashtags and locations.
What Does DM Mean?
An IG DM can be sent to anyone you’re already following. You can also send them to users you’re not following, and that will show up as a message request in their inbox. They can approve this request or they can ignore it completely. If you are approved, all your future messages will be sent to their inbox even if you’re not following them.
Here is how to send your first direct message with some simple steps.
- Open the Instagram app and enter your feed.
- Tap paper airplane icon, it’s on the top right corner of the screen.
- You’ll encounter a page called ‘Direct’.
- Type the soon-to-be receiver’s username into the search field.
- When you find the account, tap on it.
- Write and send your direct message as easy like that.
Pages that you may be interested in: https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/how-to-delete-instagram-photos-and-post