Instagram is currently one of the most visited social networks in the world. Among millions of users, it can be difficult for people to find and follow each other easily. This is where Instagram handle comes into play. So, what is the meaning of the Instagram handle? The Instagram handle is the username that users use to define their profile address. It is a direct link to a profile. It is personal and unique.
When creating a personal Instagram profile, you need to choose a handle. You can choose your handle according to your preference. Your handle can be your name or any username that identifies you. It is entirely up to your imagination. You can choose a handle up to 30 characters. If the handle is already taken, you must create a similar or different handle.
The handle is the keyword of your Instagram profile. People can tag you in posts, photos, and videos using your handle (your Instagram username).
For example, Kendall Jenner’s handle is kendalljenner. We can reach her profile by using the link www.instagram.com/kendalljenner. No one else can use this handle. To tag a profile, put the @ symbol in front of the username. Like @kendalljenner.
If you are a business owner, the handle of your business profile should include the name of your business or brand or your content. This is important for the publicity and reachability of your brand. Your business handle and the hashtags you use generate a marketing strategy to reach the targeted audience.
How to Change the Instagram Handle?
If you want, you can change the handle you have already chosen. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Open the Instagram app and your Instagram profile.
- Tap on Edit Profile under your profile photo.
- Tap on username and create a new handle as you wish.
- Click the checkmark icon at the top right.
When you switch to a new username, you will not choose your previous username again within 14 days. Do not forget it. But, you can choose new usernames.
About Instagram Language
New to Instagram? Or unfamiliar with Instagram terms? The online world speaks this language now. And it seems that we will continue to learn new terms day by day. Let’s explain some basic terms in the language of Instagram.
- Instagram Handle / IG Handle: The Instagram handle is the username that users use to define their profile address. In other words, it is the Instagram username.
- Feed: On the Instagram homepage, you can see the latest posts and stories shared by people you follow or suggested accounts.
- Tag: Adding the @ symbol in front of the username. You can tag the user to a photo or a video.
- Highlights: You can pin your Instagram stories that disappeared after 24 hours to your profile. These are called highlights. People who view your profile can see these stories again.
- IG Reels: Creative and fun video clips you create by adding sounds, effects, and different tools up to 15 to 30 seconds on Instagram.
- Double Tap: Tapping twice on the post, you show that you like it.
- AR Filters: Augmented reality filters are computer-generated filters that add graphics, virtual and realistic effects over a live video.
- Boomerang: It is the feature of sharing with short loop videos.
Conclusion on Instagram Handle
The Instagram handle is personal and unique. You can use your creativity for your account. If you are a business owner, your handle should be memorable and reflect your brand. Also, knowing the language of Instagram will provide you great convenience. After all, in an era where the digital world is increasingly changing our lives, Instagram has become a marketing giant!
We hope it’s helpful. If you liked our article, we’d like to suggest you check out our other blog posts.