Instagram distinguishes itself from other social media platforms thanks to its focus on images. The days when you just cared about changing your Instagram profile picture size or posting your square Instagram photos are over due to the recent upgrades. Today, Instagram users can upload several images to a post, reel, or story. With the help of this feature, you may expand your audience, share your message, and promote your business and content. So, how do we make a carousel post on Instagram to share our narrative with the world? Does posting multiple times on Instagram help us and our business?
In this article, we’ll define the Instagram carousel post to help you with your inquiries. Additionally, we’ll guide you through how to make slides on Instagram posts and reels while outlining the processes for creating a carousel post. We’ll also advise you on when to post your Instagram carousel posts while demonstrating how to post more than one picture on Instagram.
Introduction to Instagram Carousel: What Is An Instagram Carousel Post?
Before examining how an Instagram carousel post works, you must understand it. An Instagram carousel post, sometimes referred to as multiple images or Instagram slideshow post, consists of up to 10 images or videos.
Today, most Instagram users pay more attention to carousel posts than other types of Instagram posts. You may make valuable and engaging posts using carousel pictures, motivating readers to engage with your material. It should be no surprise that carousel posts generate 1.4 times as much reach and 3.1 times as much engagement.
Given that carousel pictures have a higher interaction rate on Instagram, it shouldn’t be surprising that most brands and influencers utilize slideshows more. However, keep in mind that you need to consider a few factors regarding the design and context of carousel posts before creating an Instagram post.
Check the following checklist if you are unsure of the requirements of making a carousel post:
- A carousel post contains a minimum of 2 images, with a maximum of 10.
- Carousel posts’ image formats should be JPG or PNG to maintain quality.
- Make sure the length of the video is no longer than one minute if you’re posting a carousel video.
- Include components in your carousel posts, such as relevant captions, hashtags, and an interesting description.
When to Make Instagram Carousel Post
You should be aware of when to create an Instagram carousel before examining how to upload more than one picture on Instagram. You might be wondering what circumstances call for carousel posts.
Your business or individual post may reach more people and get a more positive outcome if you share a single post on Instagram. Carousel posts increase interaction, but they might not be your best option. If you want to be certain that a carousel post is what you require, decide which of the following you are considering using on your content:
- Educational content
- Tutorials or steps to accomplish a goal
- Product reveals or updates of a new product feature
- Updates about the brand
- Brand storytelling through multiple pictures
- A look into the behind the scenes
- Before and after transformations
- Data and infographics
- An event recap
- People who work behind the story or brand
- Testimonials from your customers or clients
You have it now! You now understand when to use a carousel post and when an Instagram slideshow is more suitable. Now let’s look at how to create an Instagram carousel post.
How to Make a Carousel Post on Instagram
You will benefit from posting Instagram carousel content whether you are a brand representative, social media influencer, or instructor. You should learn how to post a carousel post on Instagram posts or reels, especially if your only goal is to boost engagement and reach a larger audience.
It’s time to look at the steps for posting an Instagram carousel post now that you understand what a carousel post is and when you should utilize it. Let’s start by discussing how to post more than one picture on Instagram posts first.
How To Make Slides on Instagram Post
You might be unclear about how to upload more than one picture on Instagram if you intend to make a carousel post of your images or videos. You can learn how to post carousel posts by simply following the instructions below:
- Open your Instagram app and click on the “+” icon on your navigation bar.
- Pick all the relevant images or videos from your phone gallery (You can pick up to 10 images).
- Check the images you selected in the right order by checking their numbers.
- Click on the “next” button in the top right corner.
- Edit your pictures and apply the Instagram filters to your images individually.
- Once you are done with editing, tap on the “next” button.
- Add the necessary captions, write your text and add relevant hashtags.
- Click on the “share” button.
You’re all set! You now know how to create an Instagram carousel post. Remember that the preceding instructions apply to Instagram posts with photos and videos. If you wish to share an Instagram carousel on stories, you may need to take an alternative route. Read the following sections to learn how to use the Instagram carousel feature on stories.
How to Make Slides on Instagram Stories
How to Save Music on Instagram
Instagram is a highly popular social media platform that enables its users to create and share their own unique content. Such as pictures and videos t...
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
Instagram stories might be helpful if you want people to swipe up to the link you provided on your Instagram story or to visit your Instagram profile. Simply check the steps below if you want to learn how to add multiple photos to Instagram story;
- Open the Instagram app and click on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select up to 10 pictures in order from your phone gallery.
- Add filters, text or stickers, and GIFS to your pictures individually.
- Click on the “next” button.
- Select your “stories” and click on the “share” button.
Remember that people only stay on stories for a few seconds before moving on to the next profile, so you need to engage them and persuade them to check out your profile. You must additionally have a good Instagram profile photo to accomplish this. People who tend to identify your work with your profile picture aim for an Instagram profile picture size of 180 x 180 pixels with a 1:1 aspect ratio, your brand’s logo, or your face close up and in the center.
In conclusion, this article examined the requirements for sharing multiple posts and explained what the Instagram carousel means. Additionally, we advised you to post Instagram carousel posts, reels, and stories so that you might learn how to post more than one picture on Instagram.
Carousel pictures are quite popular and effective; therefore, it is certain that brands and individuals will continue to profit from them in the future. So, we sincerely hope this article has helped illuminate the significance and application of Instagram carousel posts.