Instagram is a popular application used by people of all ages today. People can communicate via Instagram and share posts just like they do on other social media platforms. Instagram allows you to block users you do not want to see or communicate with anymore.
You may want to block anyone for any reason. But in order not to regret it later, you may be wondering what happens when you block someone before doing this. To not leave the room for regrets, we will now explain in detail what happens when you block someone on Instagram.
Here Is What’s Going to Happen
It is useful to think about this well before blocking somebody. Because if you do not know what happens when you block someone, then you may regret that you blocked that person. After blocking a person, you will not be able to interact with them anymore. When you block someone, the comments and likes of that person on your Instagram posts will be removed. So let’s examine what else is happening when you block someone on Instagram. So what happens when you block someone on Instagram?
- That person does not get any notification.
When you block someone on Instagram, the users you have blocked will not instantly know that you have restricted them because they do not receive any notification yet. Blocking is a very relaxing thing for both sides. Because ultimately, neither you will want to report that you have restricted this person, nor someone will want to receive a notification that they have been restricted.
- They cannot find your Instagram profile.
When you block someone, your profile will not appear when that person types your username into the search section. This means that they can no longer find you from the search section to no longer reach you.
- Their likes and comments will be gone.
The likes and comments of the person you have restricted will be removed from your photos and videos, that is, from all your posts. But these people can see the likes and comments you made on another account. Yet, when you unblock the person, their previous likes and comments will not come back. So you have to think well before you block someone.
- They cannot send you DM.
You can no longer contact with the user you have blocked via Direct Message. They cannot send a message to you unless you remove their block. But old messages of this person will remain in your Direct Message inbox.
- You will not receive any notifications from them.
Since the people you have blocked cannot access your profile, they cannot like, share, or message your posts. Therefore, you will not receive any notification by the person you have blocked. If you did not change your username after blocking someone and knowing your username, the person could mention you. But you do not have to bother because you will not get any notification from them even in this case.
How to Block Someone on Instagram?
The only way to let someone lose all their interaction with you on Instagram is to block that person. The user you have blocked will no longer see you or reach you on Instagram until you remove their block. This is a very short and effortless process. If you are sure about your decision, we can now explain how to block someone on Instagram. Here are the steps:
- First of all, open your Instagram app from your mobile device.
- Then, find the profile of the person who you want to block.
- Now, you will see a three-point icon at the top right corner between the person’s username. Click on this icon.
- After clicking it, you will see an option that says Block User. By clicking this option, you can block this user.
- Please remember that, by entering the Blocked Account part in Instagram settings, or visiting this person’s Instagram profile, you can unblock this person in the same way.
How to Remove a Follower on Instagram?
You may not want someone to follow you anymore, but you may want to keep likes and comments made by that person on your posts. To simply make someone unfollow you, blocking and unblocking can be an option. But if there are likes and comments that you do not want to lose, you can simply remove a person from following you, without blocking them. To do that, follow the steps below:
- First of all, your account must be a private account for removing someone from your follower list. Go to the Account Settings and click on the Security section. Then, you will see the Account Privacy option, turn it to a private account.
- Now, you are ready to remove someone from your follower list. Go to your profile and click on the Followers section at the top of the screen.
- You will see the list of the people who follow you in this section. You will see either the Following or Follow button on the right side of the usernames of the people who follow you. There is a three-dot icon next to this button; click it.
- Lastly, tap the Remove option and confirm it. That’s all! This person will no longer be following you.
For further information, visit https://help.instagram.com/426700567389543 to learn more about blocking people on Instagram.
FAQs About Blocking on Instagram
In such a case, when you join the group, Instagram asks if you want to stay in the group or leave. A selection box will be displayed on your screen, and you can leave the group if you wish. If you choose to stay in the group, you will see messages from the person you have blocked.
Unfortunately, no. When you unblock someone, that person’s likes and comments will not restore.
In fact, yes, if there is a third common account. Users you have blocked can see your likes and comments on posts shared in public accounts or accounts of the people they follow.
Conclusion on Instagram
We have covered what happens when you block someone from Instagram. When you block someone, in short, you prevent them from contacting you and seeing you completely. If this is what you want, blocking is a very good option, but keep in mind that the likes and comments that a person has previously made to your posts will disappear.
It is important not to forget this. If you do not want this, you can just remove that person from your follower list, as we explained above, and you can prevent them from following you. But remember, the person you removed from your list of followers may send you a follow request again. So, choose the option that suits you best so you can use Instagram more peacefully.