Instagram is among the most commonly used social media platforms to share photos and videos. The users on the platform share millions of stories every day, and the number of these increases day by day. The user should be careful when they share a story because there are some limitations in Instagram story dimensions.
Instagram Story Dimensions
The Instagram story dimensions are 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It means that your story and IG story video must be 1080 pixels (wide) by 1920 pixels (height).
The supported image file format in the platform are PNG and JPG. In addition to that, your Instagram story size must be under 30MB. Also, your IGTV video file size must be under 4GB.
Instagram is very clear on the size of the stories. If you upload content to your Instagram story that doesn’t seem proper the rule of story size, the platform will be able to crop or zoom into the content. For this reason, there may be losing the quality of your video or photo.
The Rules About the Instagram Stories
Dimensions of the video or photo must be 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels: If your Instagram story dimensions are 1080×1920 pixels, they will cover the full screen and look perfect. Also, the platform won’t cut off any part of your content you shared.
At this point, there is a question about how it will look like. It depends on the viewer’s device. For instance, if the user who views your content is using a tablet, the content will appear differently rather than a phone view.
If you use the recommended size- 1080 x 1920 pixels- your photo or videos will appear appropriately across all devices, phone, or tablet doesn’t matter.
Aspect ratio must be 9:16: The 9:16 is the most common aspect ratio because it offers perfect views to many devices.
When you reduce the resolution of your video or photo, its size reduces significantly. For example, 1152×648 will be a smaller size than the 1080×1920 video. Both the sizes the same aspect ratio, which is 9:16. You can upload both to Instagram stories, but the low-resolution ones will be uploaded faster than the second one. So, if you want to upload the video quickly, reduce their size.
The minimum available photo size must be 30 MB: The maximum size for an Instagram story photo is 30 MB. So, if you upload the photo above 30 MB, it won’t work. On the other side, 30 MB is more than enough because normal photos don’t go over 10 MB.
The maximum available video size must be 4 GB: The max video file’s Instagram story dimensions must be less than 4 MB. It is more than enough for a 15-second video.
Professional videos have a huge size and will take more time to upload than others. So, you should reduce its size to work on your Instagram stories.
How to Save Music on Instagram
Instagram is a highly popular social media platform that enables its users to create and share their own unique content. Such as pictures and videos t...
At this point, you have to be careful about some steps;
- Reducing video file size will lower the quality of the video, so don’t go too far.
- If you are uploading a few videos, the time of uploading may not be significant. But, when you upload hundreds of videos, reducing video file size is the best option you can prefer to obtain faster uploading.
- The video format must either be MP4 or MOV: Instagram stories accept only two video formats- MP4 and MOV. Your first option should be MP4 because MOV takes more space than MP4. For this reason, if you have a MOV video file, translate it to MP4 file to reduce the video size because when the size increases upload time will increase. On the other side, if you don’t want to convert MOV to MP4, you can use a video compression tool. It will help you to reduce the video size without damaging it.
So, if your Instagram story photo or video size isn’t correct, what will happen?
- Instagram will automatically crop or zoom in your photo/video so you can’t obtain the content you wish.
- Instagram will reduce the quality of photos/videos.
- The content will not appear fully on your screen.
Instagram Story Conclusion
When the users on their Instagram story share a photo or video of the right size, the content will look perfect. Therefore, Instagram story dimensions have importance on the platform.
You can try our Instagram Story Viewer tool for free. Click now!