Since WhatsApp has become one of the most used apps these days, the importance of acting to view someone’s WhatsApp status without letting them know is also one of the most asked questions.
Can we do that, though?
How to View Someone’s WhatsApp Status Anonymously
Sometimes we all may want to keep certain things discreet. Moreover, if we can stay anonymous, it is best to use it that way.
Here are a few ways to viewing someone’s status on WhatsApp without being compromised, more preferably, offline:
Method 1: See Hidden Files
You can view people’s status by reaching the hidden files:
- In this step, you can use any file managers on your Android phone. Our purpose is to reach and access hidden files. ES File Explorer does have this feature free for its users.
- Then, turn on the option to See Hidden Files.
- In this step, you should go to the WhatsApp media folder and find the WhatsApp folder inside your phone’s internal storage.
- Now you can open the “.Status” folder.
- In this step, you can open the WhatsApp status of others from here using ES Image Browser or any other app.
- Your contact will not notice that you viewed their WhatsApp Status story.
In this method, the statuses are not updated in real-time. Sometimes they don’t show up even though it’s updated in WhatsApp.
In this sense, you may need to look for alternative methods.
Method 2: Read Receipts
This method is the only official way to view a contact’s status update without letting them know.
You should keep in mind that turning off Read Receipts will also turn off the read receipts notification (blue ticks) from your chats.
But if you don’t care about losing read receipt indications from your contacts. This may be considered to be the best solution for you then.
Additionally, your contacts would also not be able to know whether you read their messages or not.
- In your WhatsApp’s privacy settings, there is a “Read Receipts” option. You can turn this off.
- Through doing this, you can view the WhatsApp status of your contact without letting them know.
- Also, you won’t be able to see regarding who viewed your status as well.
Keep in mind that the “Xposed Framework” should be installed on your phone to be able to do all these.
Method 3: Xposed Module
Xposed module is another way to view the status:
- You should install Xposed Module WhatsApp Extensions.
- Then activate this module, and after that, reboot your phone.
- Now, open the module and check the “turn off read receipts” option.
- Now you can view the WhatsApp statuses of your friends; you can see their status without letting them know.
- Moreover, the most important of all, you will also view who viewed your status updates now.
FAQs About Viewing Someone’s Status Without Letting Them Know
You can simply do it by going to Settings, Account, Privacy, and turn off Read Receipts. After that, go to the person’s status and view their updates. You should keep read receipts turned off until that status expires.
You should head to Settings, Chat Settings/Privacy, and then Advanced. When there, you should disable the Last Seen Timestamp and select Nobody to further disable the app timestamps.
As of now, there’s no such a feature on WhatsApp, and no 3rd party apps to let you track this.
Blocking someone on WhatsApp doesn’t send any notification to the person you’ve blocked, but when they find you active on a common group and realize their messages are not delivered to you, they’ll realize you’ve blocked them.
You can check it simply by using the WhatsApp Web to check all the open sessions list.
Conclusion – Secrecy Is of the Essence
Now, any of the above three methods can check WhatsApp status without letting know the other person.
In case you want to hide or block the viewed status activity from an iPhone, the ways are so simple and can be followed, such as the ones above.