Since WhatsApp has become one of the most used apps these days, the importance of acting to view someone’s WhatsApp status without letting them know is also one of the most asked questions.
Can we do that, though?
How to View Someone’s WhatsApp Status Anonymously
Sometimes we all may want to keep certain things discreet. Moreover, if we can stay anonymous, it is best to use it that way.
Here are a few ways to viewing someone’s status on WhatsApp without being compromised:
Method 1: See Hidden Files
- In this step, you can use any file managers on your Android phone. Our purpose is to reach and access hidden files. ES File Explorer does have this feature free for its users.
- Then, turn on the option to See Hidden Files.
- In this step, you should go to the WhatsApp media folder and find the WhatsApp folder inside of the internal storage of your phone.
- Now you can open “.Status” folder.
- In this step, you can open the WhatsApp status of others from here using ES Image Browser or any other app.
- Your contact will not notice that you viewed their WhatsApp Status story.
In this method, the statuses are not updated in real-time. Sometimes they don’t show up even though it’s updated in WhatsApp.
In this sense, you may need to look for alternative methods.
Method 2: Read Receipts
- In your WhatsApp’s privacy settings, there is a “Read Receipts” option. You can turn this off.
- Through doing this, you can view the WhatsApp status of your contact without letting them know.
- Also, you won’t be able to see regarding who viewed your status as well.
Keep in mind, to be able to do all these, the “Xposed Framework” should be installed on your phone.
Method 3: Xposed Module
- You should install Xposed Module WhatsApp Extensions.
- Then activate this module and after that reboot your phone.
- Now, open the module and check the “turn off read receipts” option.
- Now you can view WhatsApp statuses of your friends, you can see their status without letting them know.
- Moreover, the most important of all, you will also be able to view who viewed your status updates now.
Conclusion – Secrecy Is of the Essence
Now, any of the above three methods can be used to check WhatsApp status without letting know the other person.
In case you want to hide the viewed status activity from an iPhone, the ways can be followed such as:
- Turning off Read Receipts in WhatsApp Settings (Official Method)
This method is the only official way that allows you to view a contact’s status update without letting them know.
You should keep in mind that turning off Read Receipts will also turn off the read receipts notification (blue ticks) from your chats.
But if you don’t care about losing read receipt indications from your contacts. This may be considered to be the best solution for you then.
Additionally, your contacts would also not be able to know whether you read their messages or not.