Instagram is a great social media application where people can instantly share their videos and photos with their followers and the world. But there’s still no clarity on how (and if it is possible) to upload GIFs images to Instagram, as has been the case for some time on Facebook and Twitter. It might be useful to know how to upload these GIFs to make your posts and stories even more beautiful and lively. Below we will try to understand if and how this thing can be done.
Below we want to point out two ways to upload GIFs to Instagram.
Method 1: Using the Giphy App to Upload GIFs to Instagram
Giphy offers a collection of GIFs and allows you to search for your favorite GIFs and then publish them on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram. This service converts and saves the GIF as a 15-second MP4 video in your camera roll to open it directly in an Instagram post.
One of the shortcomings of Giphy is that it is too slow, so if you want to crop a video quickly and for free, you should use another online tool that allows you to trim a video. Let’s see how to use Giphy:
- Download the Giphy app on your mobile device, and you will be asked to accept the permissions to access the camera on your smartphone.
- Open the Giphy app and search for the GIF you want to publish; you can also create a GIF from scratch.
- Click on the purple box with the Instagram symbol in the sharing options so that Giphy will attempt to open your Instagram app. Go and open your Instagram app and post the video file you just generated with Giphy.
You have the option to crop the clip, use filters to apply effects, and position your image before adding text to describe your GIF video. After you publish the video, it will automatically play from start to finish in your follower’s news feed. It’ll have a label showing that it is a “Boomerang” video. Your followers will be able to click on the app and download it if they wish.
Method 2: Convert GIF to Video
The great point about Instagram is that it lets all users post videos up to fifteen seconds. This type of video can be considered an alternative to animated GIF images. Therefore, a possible solution could be to convert the GIF image into video format (e.g., MP4) and then upload it to Instagram without problems.
But how to convert GIF to Video? Below, we will take the Filmora program as an example, which allows you to do this conversion quickly and easily.
How to Save Music on Instagram
Instagram is a highly popular social media platform that enables its users to create and share their own unique content. Such as pictures and videos t...
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
Filmora is an extremely interesting editing tool for videos. It lets you convert your GIF images to video instantly without problems.
- Download the Filmora application on your PC or Mac from its website.
- Install and open Filmora on your computer.
- Click on “Full Mode” to open the program work window. Click on “Import” to load the GIF file you want to convert to video.
- You can modify the GIF by adding text, inserting background music or changing brightness/colors, etc.
- The last step is to hit on Export and select MP4 as the output format. This way, the program will turn your animated GIF image into a real video.
- Finally, open the Instagram app, select the video you just obtained from the GIF conversion, add a description, and upload it to your profile so that it can be visible to everyone.
To Conclude Uploading GIFs to Instagram
Now you know how to post GIFs on Instagram. If you have other thoughts on how you can upload a GIF to Instagram, leave us a comment and let us know!