Acting to retrieve deleted Facebook messages may seem impossible! But still, there are three safe ways to do it without any third-party programs. Therefore, you won’t have to give your password to any shady app.
Facebook’s Messenger has gained importance in recent years as the social media giant has understood that its users would like to private time with their friends.
For example, Facebook Messenger is the leading social networking application in the United States, with over 2.3 million downloads on Apple’s App Store. There are more than 100 million monthly active users in the United States as of February 2018.
As users are inclined to use the Messenger more and more, it has become important that whether we can retrieve messages that we accidentally deleted or are we really desperate?
Is it possible to retrieve deleted messages from Facebook or not? Is something like this possible? Facebook has an answer for that.
However, if there is a will, there is a way.
Can You Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages?
Are you sure that you deleted the message you want to have back? It is important to make sure that you deleted these messages instead of archiving them.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to www.facebook.com.
- Tap on Messenger.
- After that, tap on Settings on the top of your messages.
- Next, tap on “Archived Threads”
- Consequently, look for messages you want to retrieve back.
- If you cannot find your messages here, it means that you deleted them.
How to Download Facebook Messages Archive?
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Next, click on “Your Facebook Information.”
- Next, click on “Download Your Information.”
- Facebook will take you a page to select or deselect which information you want to download.
- You can choose only messages or your entire Facebook activity.
- The download will start, that may take about 2-3 hours according to your selection.
Retrieving Your Chat Data on Android
Here are the steps to follow:
- Download and install a file explorer on the Google Play Store.
- Launch the application and go to your Device Internal Storage > Android > Data.
- Look for the folder that hosts the data for Facebook namely: “com.facebook.orca” and then, go to Cache > fb_temp.
- Here you can find your deleted messages and can recover them.
Overall, these are three steps that you can use to retrieve your deleted Facebook messages. It happens that you can make a mistake.
Retrieving Your Chat Data on iOS
You can retrieve your deleted Facebook data through an iPhone or any other iOS device. Here are the steps to get your chat data:
- Log into Facebook with your account information on your iOS device.
- Go to Settings and look for Account Settings on the menu.
- When you find the Account Settings, click on it and select the General part.
- In the General Account settings, you will see a button that says ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Click on the button, and Facebook will ask you to enter your login information.
- Once you enter your password, click on Download Archive. Then you will download your archive in a compressed format.
As you can see, you can easily download your chat data. To use the content in the compressed file, unzip the file and open the Index file inside the ZIP. You can find your deleted messages in this file. Copy and paste the messages into wherever you want.
You can delete important messages, emails, etc. However, nothing in the virtual world is ever truly lost. Keep that in mind!
Concluding the Ways to Get Deleted Facebook Messages
Deleting important messages that you will need in the future is very humanly. Since we are human, we can make such mistakes. However, mistakes such as these are usually irreversible. Yet, Facebook and its other counterparts must have heard this problem because it is not irreversible anymore. Now, we have solutions to such problems. You can download your deleted data on your devices.
For Facebook, we have mentioned how to retrieve your deleted messages on Android devices, iOS devices, and downloading your archive. They all require simple steps and the best part is, you don’t have to fill out any forms or things like that because they are provided with the platform itself.