Having a good YouTube channel description can make your videos be watched more. Although the thumbnail is much more visible than the others, a well-written, impressive and straightforward YouTube channel description can also allow you to get a very high percentage of views. If you think that not many people read the descriptions that will make you rank high in related searches on YouTube, you are wrong. Many people choose their videos by looking at the description section.
Why Is YouTube Description Important?
Why Does the YouTube description matter? This is one of the faqs by new generation content producers. We know that the main focus point on YouTube is videos. People come to YouTube to watch things, not read. Why is it important to give important information in the description section and use a strong youTube description template?
- When searching with certain keywords on Google or YouTube, the largest search engine in the world, this description will ensure that your video is listed in the relevant searches. That’s why you should use long-tail keywords in this description. You should courage people to watch your videos.
- If you include a call to action sentences or words in your description content, you will allow people to prefer yours over other videos.
What Should My YouTube Channel Description Contain?
It will be advantageous to use the YouTube Description Template because this is the only way to see which details you need to include in the YouTube description section. Here are some information alternatives you should use:
- Explain and describe the video itself in the first sentence or two. What’s in the video? What will a user click on your video? Why should a user who searches YouTube choose you? Check out other sample youTube video descriptions about this as well.
- Use various keywords to make the video you share on your channel reach more people. You can integrate these keywords in sentences, or you can use them alone. YouTube description generator options will also be able to accommodate them.
- Tell YouTube users why your video is important. To make people understand your difference, you should highlight it.
- It is also imperative that you provide the suggested video information by sharing relevant links and affiliate links.
Suggestions For A Better YouTube Description Style
Let’s examine a few tricks together to benefit from the successful results in the description, which you can create using the YouTube Description Template!
- Use the frontloading technique when writing short content. When you’re talking about your video, pretend you’re inviting people for an exciting movie. Create expectation in people and let people choose you. So, in the first sentences, provide information that sets your videos apart from others so that people don’t get bored while reading the description and convince themselves to click on the videos.
- Share links to related videos you have previously shared in description. Do not post these links randomly. First, write a piece of brief information about the video in the link or share the video’s title. Then add the link of the video here. If you add keywords in the form of hashtags in addition to the video, you’ll have the opportunity to grow the visibility of your video. It will be beneficial to take advantage of such SEO hacks, especially when you are fighting with many competitors.
- Do not use unnecessary sentences for the use of keywords in the first sentences in the video descriptions. The first sentences should always be conversion oriented. The next sentences may be visibility and traffic oriented.
You can get better results with the YouTube Description Template or write your description within the tips we gave you above.
FAQs About YouTube Descriptions
After adding the text about the video to the first parts of the description, you can add information about your channel or yourself to be fixed to all video descriptions.
For detailed information about which topics were discussed in which minutes, divide your video into parts by writing down the minutes one by one.
You can also write the description professionally by adhering to the necessary information above.
You are allowed to fill in 5000 characters (makes around 800 words) for your description. You must use every bit of it or try to make it as long as possible. But remember to keep the text related to your content.
YouTube has provided you a spot to put your tags, and that’s not in the description field of your meta. Placing tags in the description section is identified as tag stuffing and can drive videos to be removed or penalized.
Conclusion: Cool Video Description
An excellent and cool video description is essential to find new viewers and having more traffic on your YouTube channel. We have shared the main trick for that. If you want to know more YouTube tips and read guides about them, please check our YouTube Support Blog.