Instagram is one of the leaders in social media platforms. Having one billion active users monthly, Instagram is used in every region of the world.
So, the platform uses this power to provide brands and companies new ways to give advertisements regardless of the budget constraints. Its video times have been prolonged, major updates have been made, and so, Instagram has changed. Instagram has taken important steps in terms of new advertising and has become a center of attention by big companies.
The question is that how you can give advertisement on the Instagram platform. There are many steps for you to follow. This guide will provide you with detailed information on how to place an ad on the platform.
Before you hit the road to place any ads on Instagram, you have to have a business account. To have such account, you must have a page on Facebook.
Here are steps to switch to a business account on Instagram.
- Open Instagram
- Go to your page
- Next, tap on three horizontal lines on the top left.
- Next, tap on Setting
- Next, tap on Switch to Business Account
- Instagram provides you the benefit of switching to a business account.
- Tap on “Convert Existing Account.”
- Here, you need to choose where you want your account to be whether it is a local business or provides product or service.
- Tap on “Next.”
- Enter your email address
- Next, tap on Next.
- Here, you will select the Facebook Page to connect your Instagram account. If you do not connect these two, you cannot give advertisement.
- Once, you connect, your profile is switched to a business account.
- You can re-change the status of your Instagram page anytime you like.
Now, you are ready to give ad.
- First of all, select the image you want to promote on Instagram.
- Because you are switched to a business account, you will see “Promote” label below your content, image or video.
- Select the image or video.
- Next, tap on Promote.
- Instagram will take you a promotion page.
- Next, select the option that suits you best among three options.
- Next, you have to select Target Audience.
- Instagram automatically select the target group if you prefer
- Or, you can select the Local or Manual option to specify your audience.
- Next, decide on your budget and the duration of promotion.
- Next, if you are happy with the promotion, tap on “Create Promotion.”
- Once Instagram approve your promotion, your ad will begin to appear.
- Good luck!