For your social media accounts to look aesthetic when viewed on devices, the photos you use must be in high resolution and comply with specific size rules. Adjusting your profile picture’s size correctly will make the official or personal header photos you use in your social media accounts look incredibly professional. A correct social media profile management increases your followers’ trust in you. Today we will examine social media image sizes with you. You can note these sizes, which are necessary for different social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, which are essential for personal profiles and company pages.
Instagram Image Sizes
- To use the perfect resolution profile picture on your Instagram page, you need to choose 110x110px. You can get help from resizing platforms to adapt to Instagram photo dimensions; the image sizes are the same for individual and company profiles.
- The Instagram photo dimensions are the following for your posts: 1080x1080px for a square view, 1080x1350px for a portrait view, and 1080x608px for a landscape view. You should stick to these dimensions in Instagram images.
- What are the sizes of the Instagram photo thumbnails? The small boxes that appear on your profile have a size of 161x161px. Therefore, you need to make sure that you are using a photo that looks aesthetically pleasing with its small dimensions.
- Instagram stories image sizes are 1080x1920px. The smallest resolution is recommended as 600x1067px. Stories with a maximum size of 4 GB can be uploaded to Instagram.
- For Instagram images, we usually recommend that you use square photos. Especially in business profiles, such high-resolution modern photos create excellent results.
Facebook Image Sizes
- Want to design a profile photo with vector drawing for the Facebook profile picture? Then Facebook image sizes should be very important for you. Facebook profile photo size is 180×180 pixels. The frame is determined as 183x183px. It is recommended to use square photos to get the best performance in photos.
- Facebook post size is a category that has several types. The dimensions of the Facebook cover photo are 820x320px. You can use your logo here, especially if you are on a business page.
- The dimensions of a shared image on your Facebook page are 1200x630px.
- The size of the photos seen with the links shared on Facebook is 1200x628px.
- The highlighted image in the profile has a size of 1200x717px. In this way, the best appearance is created.
- When you want to share about any event, the view is 1920×1080.
- For the posts you share on Facebook to look their best, you should make sure that the photos’ width and length have a certain px. Also remember, photos may have different sizes on mobile devices and desktops. For example, the dimensions of the 820x312px plan cover photo on mobile devices are 640x360px.
LinkedIn Image Sizes
- Using the right dimensions in the photos, you share as social media images will allow you to have a more professional look and high resolution in your profile. As a social media platform where professional appearance and brand profile are important on LinkedIn, it ensures that all these details become more valuable. Let’s take a brief look at the LinkedIn image size details.
- If you have a personal account on LinkedIn, the profile photo you use on the page must be 300x300px. The site requests the use of a logo instead of a profile photo for a LinkedIn business page. The logo size for business pages is again 300x300px.
- The dimensions of the header images and the background images that you will use on LinkedIn also vary. If you are a personal account holder, the background image dimensions should be 1584×396. If you have a company profile, the LinkedIn banner should be 1192x220px in size.
- The shared image size or shared image link size on LinkedIn is 1200x627PX.
- Main image options are also extremely important on LinkedIn. The main image sizes in the middle of the profile page should be 1128x376px.
Twitter Image Size
- Choosing the right image is important to have a great profile on Twitter and to gain more followers. Choosing the right size for your profile photo will prevent you from having to crop it. In this way, your profile photo appears with all the details in both high resolution and broad theme.
- The Twitter profile photo is set at 400x400px in size. Twitter profile picture size is displayed in 200x200px dimensions, but you can see the larger version when you click on the photo. At the same time, your profile photo appears in-stream next to your tweets in the people’s timeline, which is a much smaller view.
- Twitter banner dimensions are also 1500x500px. Image sizes are very important, especially for business profiles, so start-ups that make vector drawings must adhere to this dimension.
- The image in a tweet with the shared link is seen as 1200x628px.
- If you share a total of 2 photos in a tweet, each photo will be 700x800px in size.
- When you share a single photo in a tweet, the photo size will be 1200x675px.
- If you share a total of 4 photos in a tweet, each photo will be 1200x600px in size.
- The recommended aspect ratio for a photo you will share on Twitter is 16:9. With this type of use, you can have an extremely aesthetic profile.
Pinterest Image Size
- Those who want to get information about image sizes especially love to use social media platforms where images are the main actor. Pinterest is also a site where photos such as decoration and travel with aesthetic appearances are shared. So, it’s really important that the images shared here have aesthetics and desired size.
- Pinterest profile picture size should be 165x165px. It is extremely important to use a photo of this size, especially for company profiles. In other users’ Pinterest views, in-stream, this photo is in 32x32px dimensions.
- Pinterest pin size is 236 pixels. The length is determined by scaling according to the other ratio.
- It requires a minimum of 600 pixels for the width of the shared photos. Smaller sized photos are not accepted.
- Are you doing a Pinterest thumbnail search? There are image sizes determined for this. If you want to use a large thumbnail, you should use 222x150px. If you’re going to use a small thumbnail, use a 55x55px image size.
- So, what are the recommended specifications for images? For example, a recommendation such as 2:3 to 1:3.5 is given for the pins you will share on Pinterest.
FAQs About Social Media Image Sizes
For a high-resolution photo on Tumblr, the Tumblr profile photo is 128x128px.
The Youtube profile photo size is 800x800px. You can’t enlarge your Youtube profile photo more.
The YouTube channel cover photo size you can use is 2048x1152px.
Images shared on Snapchat must be 1080x1920px.
Videos need to maintain a 16:9 ratio, and for them to be HD, they need to be at least 1280x720px.
Conclusion for Social Media Image Sizes
Remember that you need to use the right image sizes to create the most professional social media profiles. We have shared the sizes of popular post types available for different platforms. Remember that you should stick to these rates in both your personal and business profiles. Otherwise, the photos you use will be low in resolution.