For your social media accounts to look aesthetic when viewed on devices, the photos you use must be in high resolution and comply with specific size rules. Adjusting your profile picture’s size correctly will make the official or personal header photos you use in your social media accounts look incredibly professional. A correct social media profile management increases your followers’ trust in you. Today we will examine social media image sizes with you. You can note these sizes, which are necessary for different social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, which are essential for personal profiles and company pages.
Instagram Image and Video Sizes
- Instagram Profile Picture Size: 110 x 110px
- Instagram Photo Sizes: 1080 x 1350px (portrait), 1080 x 566 (landscape) and 1080 x 1080px (square)
- Instagram Story Size: 1080 x 1920px
- Instagram IGTV Video Size: 1080 x 1920px
- IGTV Cover Photo Size: 420 x 654px
- Instagram Reels Size: 1080 x 1920px
- Instagram Maximum Video Length: 60 seconds
- Carousel Posts and Ads: 1080 x 1080px (square) is the recommended,1080 x 566px (landscape) and 1080 x 1350px (portrait) are also supported.
You can get help from resizing platforms to adapt to Instagram photo dimensions; the image sizes are the same for individual and company profiles. You should stick to these dimensions in Instagram images.
Stories with a maximum size of 4 GB can be uploaded to Instagram. For Instagram images, we usually recommend that you use square photos. Especially in business profiles, such high-resolution modern photos create excellent results.
Facebook Image Sizes
- Facebook Profile Picture Size: 180 x 180px
- Facebook Cover Photo Size: 820 x 312px
- Facebook Image Post Size: 1200 x 630px
- Facebook Link Image Size: 1200 x 630px
- Facebook Highlighted Image Size: 1200 x 717px
- Facebook Event Image Size: 1920 x 1005px
- Facebook Group Cover Image Size: 1640 x 856px
- Facebook Messenger Image Ad Size: 1200 x 628px
- Facebook Video Size: 1280 x 720px
- Facebook Video Ad Size: 1080 x 1350px (ratio 4:5)
- Facebook Story Ad Size: 1080 x 1920px
- Facebook Maximum Video Length: 240 minutes
Want to design a profile photo with a vector drawing for the Facebook profile picture? Then Facebook image sizes should be very important for you. The frame is determined as 183x183px. It is recommended to use square photos to get the best performance in photos.
Facebook post size is a category that has several types. You can use your logo here, especially if you are on a business page. For the posts you share on Facebook to look their best, you should make sure that the photos’ width and length have a certain px. Also remember, photos may have different sizes on mobile devices and desktops. For example, the dimensions of the 820x312px plan cover photo on mobile devices are 640x360px.
YouTube Image Sizes
- YouTube Profile Photo Size: 800 x 800px
- YouTube Channel Cover Picture: 2560 x 1440px (desktop) and 1546 x 423px (smartphones)
- YouTube Thumbnail Size: 1280 x 720px
- YouTube Display Ads: 300 x 250px
- YouTube Overlay Ads: 480 x 60px
- YouTube Companion Banner Ads: 300 x 250px
- YouTube Skippable Video Ads Length: 12 seconds to 6 minutes
- YouTube Non-skippable Video Ads Length: 15 or 20 seconds (depends on region)
- YouTube Bumper Video Ads Length: 6 seconds
- YouTube Standard Video: 426 x 240px (minimum), 3840 x 2160px (maximum)
YouTube has surpassed Facebook as the second most popular social media platform for businesses to publish video content since 2019. Here is social media for small business. Marketers must now, more than ever, meet the video requirements to succeed on this channel. While the video’s resolution and length are vital, you should also pay attention to small elements like the size of your profile photo, channel cover picture, and so on to attract the audience’s attention from the moment they land on your YouTube page.
LinkedIn Image Sizes
Using the right dimensions in the photos, you share as social media images will allow you to have a more professional look and high resolution in your profile. As a social media platform where professional appearance and brand profile are important on LinkedIn, it ensures that all these details become more valuable. Let’s take a brief look at the LinkedIn image size details.
Personal LinkedIn Page
- LinkedIn Profile Picture Size: 400 x 400px
- LinkedIn Background Photo Size: 1584 x 396px
- LinkedIn Post Image Size: 1200 x 1200px (square), 1080 x 1350px (portrait)
- LinkedIn Link Post Size: 1200 x 627px
- LinkedIn Video Size: 256 x 144px (minimum) to 4096 x 2304px (maximum)
- LinkedIn Maximum Video Length: 10 minutes
LinkedIn Company Page
- LinkedIn Company Logo Size: 300 x 300px
- LinkedIn Cover Photo Size: 1128 x 191px
- LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100px (company logo)
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content Image Size: 1200 x 627px
- LinkedIn Life Tab Main Image Size: 1128 x 376px
- LinkedIn Business Banner Image: 646 x 220px
- LinkedIn Image Sizes for Blog Post Link Images: 1200 x 627px
- LinkedIn Stories Image Size: 1080 x 1920px
Twitter Image Sizes
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400px
- Twitter Header Size: 1500 x 500px
- Twitter Post Image Size: 1200 x 675px
- Minimum Twitter Card Image Size: 120 x 120px
- Twitter Image Sizes for Fleets: 1080 x 1920px
- Twitter Video Size: 1280 x 1084px
- Video Thumbnail Image Size: should match the size of the video (recommended)
- Maximum Twitter Video Length: 140 seconds
- Twitter Image Size for Ads: 800 x 418px (Website card), 800 x 800px (App card image), 800 x 800px (Carousels), 800 x 418px (Direct Message card), 800 x 418px (Conversation card)
- Twitter Video Ad Size: 720 x 720px (square), 1280 x 720px (landscape), 720 x 1280px (portrait), length: 12 seconds or less (recommended), 2 minutes and 20 seconds (maximum)
Choosing the right image is important to have a great profile on Twitter and to gain more followers. Choosing the right size for your profile photo will prevent you from having to crop it. In this way, your profile photo appears with all the details in both high resolution and broad theme. At the same time, your profile photo appears in-stream next to your tweets in the people’s timeline, which is a much smaller view.
The recommended aspect ratio for a photo you will share on Twitter is 16:9. With this type of use, you can have an extremely aesthetic profile.
TikTok Image Sizes
- TikTok Video: 1080 x 1920px, maximum 15 seconds recommended
- TikTok Profile Photo: 200 x 200px
- TikTok in-feed Video Ad Length: 9 to 15 seconds (suggested), 5 to 60 seconds (allowed)
- TikTok in-feed Ad Video Aspect Ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9
- TikTok in-feed Ad Display Image Size: 1:1 ratio
People are clamoring for Tik Tok, the newest video-sharing software. Not only individuals but also businesses have come on board to interact and reach new audiences. While there aren’t many options or formats for uploading videos on Tik Tok, marketers should be familiar with the basics before diving in.
Pinterest Image Sizes
- Pinterest Profile Picture: 165 x 165px
- Pinterest Board Display Image: 222 x 150px
- Pinterest Board Display Image: 222 x 150px
- Pinterest Video Specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16) Length: Maximum 30 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted Video: square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9) Length: Maximum 30 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted Carousels: 2-5 images per carousel, aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3, 1000×1000 or 1000×1500px
- Pinterest Story Pins Image Size: 1080 x 1920px
- Pinterest Story Pins Video Length: 1-60 seconds
Those who want to get information about image sizes especially love to use social media platforms where images are the main actor. Pinterest is also a site where photos such as decoration and travel with aesthetic appearances are shared. So, it’s really important that the images shared here have aesthetics and desired size.
Social Media Image Sizes in Short
Remember that you need to use the right image sizes to create the most professional social media profiles. We have shared the sizes of popular post types available for different platforms. Remember that you should stick to these rates in both your personal and business profiles. Otherwise, the photos you use will be low in resolution.