Sales pitches are short explanations of services and/or businesses offered by the sales team of a company. They are used on cold calls, e-mails, and sales presentations to impress the company’s leads. These sales pitches’ significance is that they lead to accomplishing successful sales and fulfilling clients’ needs. It is because it requires one-on-one communication. Therefore, salespeople understand their customers’ problems and offer solutions.
These pitches are also called elevator pitches since it requires time to learn and solve customers’ problems. If you would like to learn how to create the best elevator pitches and high-quality sales pitch examples, keep reading!
How to Create the Best Sales Pitches
- Keep them short because prospects do not want to spend much time on the phone, especially on cold calls.
- Make them precise and clear since you should be giving the main point and benefits in 1-2 minutes.
- Explain who you are and why you are calling first. Clients will expect to hear this information to feel more comfortable.
- Show that you can understand their problems and explain these problems. Prospects would find that empathetic.
- Explain how you can solve their problems with your services briefly. It will help them to understand why they need you and your product.
- Show some proofs that are indicating your services’ success. Hearing success stories about your services will make your sales pitches more convincing.
- Try to fill them with facts rather than metaphors. They might be confusing from time to time, and you should be focused on making things clear.
- Make your prospects’ needs your priority. They should understand that you care about their problems rather than selling a product or service.
- Create a sense of urgency to fear them for missing out, which is an excellent motivator. A sense of urgency can make them take action at that moment.
- If you create a sales pitch in e-mail format, check grammar and spellings before sending the e-mail. These mistakes make your deliveries unprofessional.
- Be more focused on showing benefits rather than the features of your services.
High-Quality Sales Pitch Examples
Here are some high-quality sales pitch examples that we have picked for you.
Start with A Question
Starting with a question is an efficient way to keep prospects focused, but they should not just indicate facts. They should understand questions, and their answers should be “Yes.” For example,
- Isn’t that interesting to…
- Do you know how…
- Did you realize that…
These questions will determine the rest of the conversation. You can notice whether your prospects are refusing or interested. Besides, you can change them depending on your main point and fill them with undeniable truths.
If you are preparing for a sales presentation, use statistical data to be more compelling. These data will lead your prospects to draw their own conclusions, and they generally will come to the same point as you. The difference is that they would decide on their own rather than concluding with your directions. For example,
- Approximately 83% of customers prefer…
- According to data, 90% of visitors…
Impress with The First Sentence
If you are preparing an e-mail sales pitch, you should impress at the beginning of the e-mail. It is because people receive approximately 90 e-mails per day, and they generally ignore most of them. Consequently, your e-mail should include something special to increase the engagement of your prospects.
Try to create an introduction sentence containing a piece of brief information about your product and a compelling message. For this purpose, compliments are very motivational phrases to engage prospects. Try to make them feel special.
Tell Stories About Previous Clients
This method efficiently works on sales presentations and cold calls. Hearing real stories as proof leads your prospects to engage in conversation more. Especially, telling exciting stories and creating “WOW” moments will make your sales pitches persuasive. Your prospects can imagine themselves with your services and may be more motivated to accept your offer. For instance,
- One of my clients encountered the same thing. Then, we did that…
- I knew so many people who are facing the same issues as you. I can highly recommend that…
- I suggested this product to one of my clients, and therefore they finally did…
Give Reference to Your Past Communication
Suppose you talked with the same prospect before, reference to your previous conversation to create intimacy. Avoid introducing yourself and your business again and again. To exemplify,
- Hi, I am “X” from “Y” company. I called you the previous week if you remember.
- Hi, I am “X” from “Y” company. If I remember correctly, you were facing this problem. I want to help you with…
FAQ on High-Quality Sales Pitch Examples
They should be highly interactive to engage your prospect in conversation. You can do it by directing questions and giving them a chance to explain themselves. Besides, try to create an intimate environment. Therefore, both you and your prospect would be more comfortable.
You can spend a minute to introduce yourself and your company briefly. Then, pick and explain a couple of benefits of your product and explain answers to common questions about your service. Finally, you can conclude it by giving extra benefits to your company, such as free or fast delivery.
Make them visually stimulant and do not add long paragraphs to your presentations. It is because nobody will read them. It would only make your presentation boring.
It depends on your service and business. Your target audience and their consuming behaviors will probably help you to determine the best sales pitch for your area. You can use your one-on-one conversations with your clients as a base.
If they are not interested in your services at all, it is probably not that possible to engage them. Your effort can seem like pressure. Thus, direct some questions with undeniable truths at first. If they are not responsive and refusing to answer, end the call politely.
Conclusion on Sales Pitch Examples
High-quality sales pitches give you high numbers of successful sales. If they are not impressive at all, you are probably losing your only chance to reach a prospect. Hence, you need to be careful and persuasive while creating your sales pitches. You can find the significant points that you should pay attention to in this article. Besides, check the frequently asked questions to reach more tips! Speaking of pitches, by the way, would you like to read about our tips on an elevator pitch?