Today, we want to talk about how to recover a hacked Facebook account. Facebook is one of the most popular and the most populated social media sites in recent times. As such, Facebook became a place for hackers to consider, and because of that, many people suffer from hacked or stolen accounts today. Of course, the stolen Facebook account is one of the worst things that can happen to us on Facebook, and we do not want to encounter such an unfortunate event. Before you find the answer, we want to show you what precautions you can take for your Facebook account before it’s hacked or stolen.
- You should turn off your email from being seen by others so that you can prevent other people from accessing your email.
- It would help if you made the email address password to which your Facebook account is linked a secure password and do not use only numbers.
- You should allow Facebook to define a phone number. So, if someone wants to hack your Facebook, you’ll be sent a verification code, and it’s hard to get the Facebook address without giving it to them.
- Keep your password long. Your password should contain not only letters but also numbers.
How to Get a Stolen Facebook Account Back
If you receive notifications that someone is trying to log in to your account, your account may have been compromised. If your account is compromised, then it means that someone else is logged in to your account without your permission. Well, if you think someone is logged in to your account without your permission, you should secure your account. We’ll show you a few steps to change your password and get your account back.
If the person who stole your Facebook has not changed the email address to which your Facebook is connected, your job is really easy. You can recover a hacked Facebook account. To do so, you must follow the steps below:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on the ‘’Forgot Password’’ option or just go to the https://www.facebook.com/hacked page.
- Enter your e-mail address, phone number, user name, or last name, so that Facebook can recognize you. Then click on the “Search” button.
- On the page that appears, you must enter the password you used before your Facebook account was stolen or a password used in the past.
- If your e-mail address has not changed, you can use the registered e-mail address to reset your password. If your preference is reset by email, a code will be sent to your email account by Facebook.
- Type the code sent by Facebook to your e-mail address and click continue.
- Finally, you can now set a new password for your Facebook account.
After these steps, you have retrieved your Facebook address.
How to Recover Facebook Account with No Access to Password or E-Mail
In this situation, someone probably didn’t just change your password and changed your e-mail address, too. Alternatively, you have forgotten the password of your e-mail address that is linked to Facebook, and you can not log in. However, there is no need to worry, you can easily solve this situation, and you can recover a hacked Facebook account.
If you are an old Facebook user:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on the ‘‘Forgot Password’’ button.
- Enter your Facebook account information in the text box, and click the search button.
- Click to the ‘’You no longer have access to this?’’ option.
- Then, Facebook will send you to the extended recovery options section. If you’re an old Facebook user, Facebook will ask you to answer some questions when you answered before.
If you are not an old Facebook user:
- Suppose you are not an old Facebook user and have already chosen trusted contacts, Facebook will send you to do ‘’Trusted Contacts’’ option.
- You must enter a new e-mail address or a phone number that you know you can access.
- Then you must click to the ‘’Reveal My Trusted Contacts’’ option and type the name of one of your trusted contacts.
- Then, you will see a link. This link is special because it contains a security code, and only your trusted contacts can access this code.
- You must send this link to your friends. So, they can tell you the security code, and you can get your account back.
What to Do If Password and Email Address Is Changed
In this case, you have two options:
- Recover Your Facebook Account With Using Mobile Number.
- Recover Your Facebook Account With Using Change Notification.
If you have linked your mobile number to Facebook:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on the ‘’Forgot Password’’ option.
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter the recovered code that sent to you
- Now, you can set your new password.
If you haven’t linked your mobile number to Facebook:
- Login to your email account, which you previously gave to Facebook.
- Find the ‘’Your Facebook E-mail Has Changed’ email from Facebook. Open the email and click on the ‘’Secure Your Account’’ link.
- In the next step, Facebook may ask you for some proof. They may request authentication from you; you can guess who your friends are from their photos or just ask for your birth date.
Some FAQs About How to Recover Hacked Facebook
In most cases, yes, you can unhack your account back. We assume that you still have access to your e-mail and mobile device.
Well, nobody can know that. There are a lot of ill-intended people outside. Just know that they can do nothing against you with your account.
Facebook will respond to your request within 1 to 3 days, and you will recover your account back easily.
Facebook guidelines do not approve the use of multiple accounts per person. So when they track and find you try to use a new account, they disable it.
If you’ve set other methods to reset or recover your account, like e-mails or recovery code, you can use them for the process.
Conclusions on Recovering a Hacked Facebook Account
Have you suffered the experience of unfair suspension of your Facebook account or even the violation by an attacker? Do you want to tell your story to our readers to allow them to understand how you eventually resolved the situation?
Write to us in the comments to publish your interesting stories that help consumers solve the critical issues encountered every day and on the web. If you liked this article, you may also like our article about how to retrieve deleted Facebook messages as well.