As it is already known, with the increasing importance of digital marketing, Email Marketing keeps attracting new comers. Email Marketing is a marketing technique that allows you to introduce your product to people by sending an email to them and to announce your discount if you are offering a discount, and that way, you can sell your products more. But does it have any flaws? Let’s find out if it is a good idea to buy email lists or not.
Cons of Buying an Email List
Before you anser the question “is it a good idea to buy email lists” you should probably take the cons into account. The company’s goal or organization that purchases the email list is to reach the target audience that it aims to sell and serve, which is the purpose of digital marketing. The mailing lists that were sold were collected from the internet by bots, changed hands for hundreds of years, were created by mixing irrelevant lists that have been on the market for years, and are full of erroneous emails.
- If you are using a quality email platform, the system will interrupt your submission, and your account will be banned. All mailing platforms, especially Mailchimp, divide your list into parts and send your mails section by section. In this way, instead of harming you and themselves, they can detect fake lists and interrupt submissions.
- Most of the outgoing mails will fall into the spam folder.
- All mails falling into the spam folder will gradually decrease your IP and Domain reliability score and damage your future submissions.
- Some of the emails that reach their destination will be marked as spam by users. Users will file a complaint by tagging your company on social media platforms. Other authorities can report you too.
- As in all digital marketing channels, you should target the right users when making an email market. To a curious user, you should market a content that satisfies his curiosity. Also, marketing focused on your products and services should be made to users in the purchasing stage. If you buy an email list, you will have a mixed list that is not segmented, and then it is not possible to reach the user with the right strategy.
Pros of Buying an Email List
- It enables you to gain potential customers with low cost,
- Much more economical when considering printed newsletter or other mailing options,
- The sending time is short since the email sent reaches the other party instantly.
- It is easy to follow; it gives a wide range of details from subscribers who want to unsubscribe to those whose mailboxes are full
- 85% of internet users have a rate of checking and then reading their emails,
People Buy Email Lists to…
- Strengthen commercial relations with your existing customers,
- Add new customers to the business network,
- To inform customers about your discounts or promotions,
- To introduce new products and then your range,
- It can be used to gather public information about new research you will do.
Properties of the Email Addresses in the Mass Mailing List
- In your email marketing submissions, you should remove email addresses that do not arrive after a certain period from your bulk mailing list. To reach your current list and then increase your success rate, you should remove invalid mail addresses from your list to prevent damage to your sender reputation. You can check and determine the identification of these addresses from the reports of your previous emails.
- Your recurring email records in your bulk email addresses can be misleading about the number of your mailing lists. It is also important to remove duplicate email records to prevent more than 1 sent to the same email address during mass mail sending.
- Care should be taken that the e-mail addresses in your email marketing list are not fake. Lists with fake addresses are mostly go to purchesed bulk mailing lists. Instead of buying lists for your sender reputation, you should use your own authorized bulk mailing list. Also, even if ancient email addresses are real e-mail addresses actively used in the past, they may become unused after a while. It causes an increase in your spam rate in sending to such email addresses.
- In every mailing campaign, you make, you should regularly clear the e-mail addresses that bounce back from your list. Clearing the bounced emails from your receiving server from your list is an important detail in your spam rate for your next submissions.
FAQ About Email Lists
It is unlikely that the mass emails you send with your IP address and regular server control will fall into spam.
If the mail’s recipient clicks on the text, I do not want to receive the mail at the bottom; no mail can be sent anymore. It should have an indication.
You can keep all your mailing lists separately in our system and use them in your future submissions. Moreover, it can include email addresses in your mailing list later. You can filter e-mail and remove the email addresses you wish from the system.
Mass mail credit means you have emails sent as many as the number of emails sent in the purchased credit package. A credit will be deducted from your credit for each mail you send.
You can send whatever you want in the same way as sending personal mail.
Conclusion on Buying Email Lists
So what do you think? Is it a good idea to buy email lists? Be sure that after you buy an email list and then send a few posts, you will face all the negative situations I mentioned. Instead, create a healthy email marketing strategy and then start building your targeted list with small and healthy steps. Need to take a few steps back? Let’s start with the basics. Here’s our extensive guide on what marketing is.