So, you want to see the coveted blue tick badge next to your username on Instagram. Many users desire to have one, perceiving it as a social status among Instagrammers. Initially, Instagram verified brands, public figures, and celebrities in a bid to avoid confusion. Here we will touch upon how to get the verified label on Instagram.
There could be many usernames similar to Kim Kardashian or Nike. To designate real Nike in the crowd, Instagram opts to verify these brands and personas. However, now, users can apply to have the blue tick on their accounts. Although the procedure is straightforward, there is no guarantee or time frame when you see the blue tick.
How to Get Blue Tick Subscription on Instagram
The Instagram blue tick, a verification badge, was previously a symbol you could only get if approved. So for those without high recognition, getting a blue tick was just a dream. But when Twitter introduced the Twitter Blue subscription service, Meta company launched the blue tick subscription with a quick attack. After confirming your identity, you can complete your Instagram blue tick process by paying a monthly fee of $14.99 monthly. Let’s take a closer look at how to get an Instagram blue tick;
- Go to your Instagram profile and then tap on the three lines button.
- Tap on “Settings and Privacy”.
- Go to the “Accounts Center.
- Then, scroll down, and you will see the “Meta Verified” button. Tap on it.
- Tap on “Subscribe” and then enter the information about yourself.
- Complete the payment process.
How to Apply to Get Verified on Instagram
Here is how you can apply to be verified on Instagram:
- Open Instagram.
- Next, go to your account.
- Then, tap on three horizontal lines at the upper left.
- After, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Account.
- Then, tap on Request Verification.
- Next, you need to enter information to prove that you are the person you claim to be.
- Lastly, hit Send.
Instagram’s Criteria for Verified Accounts
The procedure is simple; however, there is no way to know when Instagram will verify you. The social platform’s official guidelines mention four criteria:
- Authentic: The account must represent a real person, registered business, or entity.
- Unique: The account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents.
- Complete: The account must be public and have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Your profile can’t contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched-for person, brand, or entity.
Instagram tells users that it carries out reviews in multiple news sources to ensure that the person who applied for verification has an internet personality.
5 Tips to Get the Blue Tick on Instagram
While keeping in mind these official points, here are 5 points you should consider whether or not you can get the popular blue thick.
Do Not Concentrate Solely on Instagram
This suggestion may sound weird. However, it would be better to say that we do not just concentrate on Instagram. You must exist on other platforms like YouTube and Facebook to be a real influencer and have an internet personality.
If you have many followers on Instagram without having any personality on other social platforms, you can easily be found on the image-sharing platform. That’s why people can find you in no time on Instagram without confusing other users.
There are many Kim Kardashians on Instagram. So, the social platform verifies the real Kim Kardashian to distinguish it from other fake accounts.
If you have a personality on multiple social platforms and have earned “influencer status,” Instagram will verify your account in no time.
Hashtags, Hashtags, Hashtags
Instagram’s popularity grew around hashtags. If you post your image or video without hashtags, you miss many audiences, money, and the essence of the social platform. Experts point out that even one hashtag in your content can increase engagement by 12.6 percent. You can use up to 30 hashtags per content. Add popular hashtags in your content to reach wider audiences while contributing to Instagram’s cause.
Many use hashtags such as #love, #instagood, #photooftheday, #tbt, #beautiful, #cute, #me, #happy, #fashion, and #followme. You can use InstaFollowers’ Instagram Hashtag Generator to make finding hashtags easier. Especially if you learn how to hide hashtags on Instagram, you increase engagement and create an even better post. However, developing your unique hashtag and call-to-action in your posts is equally important to gain influence and popularity on Instagram. That will increase your chance of being verified.
Create Your Brand’s Aesthetic
There are one billion active users monthly on Instagram. To be a prominent figure among these people, you must become a logo, have a style, and be consistent with this style. For instance, if you love coffee, be consistent in sharing coffee and similar photos to be recognized.
Speaking of consistency, try using similar filters, perspectives, and colors. Also, this approach will serve others that your Instagram account is legit.
Your Biography and Captions Matter
To prove that you are the person whom you claim to be, of course, goes through having a robust bio. Include as many details as possible to show you are a real person.
The bio is the front place that you create an image for yourself. You have to be sure that the bio represents you in the best possible way.
Do Not Fake Your Persona
Just like other social platforms, Instagram can spot cheaters without much effort. You are in a digital world. There are many tools to cross-check whether or not a person is a cheater or not. Especially if you want to be verified, be true to the social platform, your followers, and yourselves. Don’t break your code.
Be genuine in your comments and posts. Otherwise, you may be blocked by Instagram for good.
What Is a Verification Badge?
The verification badge is a checkmark below your profile picture that shows your account is not fake, zombified, or copied—proof of a genuine profile given by Instagram. After all, there are many fake accounts out there. Some of them are harmless, like liking bots and services, yet others may target you instead! With a verification badge, you can prove to your friends that your account is real and original instead of fake ones! Such a badge may not be so important to personal profiles, yet for corporations and generally known people like celebrities, it is crucial to have one.
Paid Verification Badge
After Twitter, Meta announced the paid blue tick. Therefore, Meta allows users to get a blue tick for Facebook and Instagram by making payments. This regulation is currently testing in Australia and New Zealand, but it will be available in more countries later in the year. If you want to get a verified badge on Instagram, it is possible to get it by making paid. This update doesn’t mean that you can get a blue tick without verification. You should follow our recommendation to be verified on Instagram, and then you can subscribe for paid verification when it is available in your country.
Requirements to Have a Verification Badge
It is easy to get a Verification Badge, yet it takes time the wait. You need to have an identity card or a driver’s license prepared to get verified on Instagram; be:
- Unique: Your account must represent a real person or corporation.
- Open: A verified account can’t be hidden and can’t take a follow request.
- Known: Your account must represent a known person
How to Request a Badge
According to Instagram Support, it is a really simple process to do it. You can either get the information by reading the information below.
- Ensure you’re logged in to the account requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and tap.
- Tap Settings > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (government-issued photo ID).
Pro Tips to Improve Your Chance of Getting the Badge
There are a few ways to do it. Here is a list for you.
Getting Popular Among Other Social Media Networks
Use YouTube, Twitter, or any familiar social media platform as best as possible.
If you have a business that you are trying to grow, the first social media platform that comes to your mind should be Instagram. With its 1 billion ac...
Remember, before those social media platforms; no one knew a title called “YouTuber,” yet today, we consider them as next-generation celebrities.
Take Your Chance with Facebook First
Get a verification badge from Facebook! It is a much simpler process and helps you get one from Instagram!
What You Can’t Do with Your Badge
After various steps, you finally got your badge! Here is a list of behaviors you need to avoid!
- You can’t sell your badge. A badge is unique to a person and can not be sold! It is clear on Instagram’s help page that if you attempt to transfer, advertise, or sell your badge, Instagram will remove it!
- You can’t use your profile picture to promote other services. After your badge has given, you become unique! You can’t advertise anything over your profile picture! This is another rule that makes your badge gone in an attempt to neglect!
- Attempting to verify your account over a third-party app: Instagram is the only authority to verify your account on the platform! Don’t try to verify your account over third-party apps.
To Conclude, The Ways to Get Verified on Instagram
After finishing this guide, you should know how to get verified on Instagram very well. Knowledge is power; you can use what you have learned here to build a strong social media marketing strategy. But remember: a with great power comes a great responsibility. Once you have built brand awareness, you must work hard to keep the appearance beautiful.