The Instagram notification is one reason why the user checks the stories, new posts, direct messages, follow-up requests, new followers, etc. Therefore, failure to receive Instagram notifications can affect the number of times an Instagram user checks the Instagram feed.
Of all the problems that users have reported to Instagram, “Instagram DMs Not Working” is the most common these days for both iOS and Android users.
Instagram has developed a lot since it joined the world of Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook. Further changes are under development, and we are now used to using the app to send direct messages, that is, chat and even make video calls.
Of course, likes, comments, and Direct Messages (DM) are notified on the smartphone. Such notifications can appear silently on the screen if you prefer. Still, it may happen that you do not receive any notifications for direct messages even when they are not muted.
As with other problems related to Instagram and sharing with Facebook or your company page of the blue social network, due to the absence of notifications for DMs, it has a solution that you should be able to find with one of the following procedures.
If Instagram direct messages (DMs) are not working, we will give you some tips to fix it. There may be various reasons for this.
One of the most common problems of Instagram is the direct message problem.
Users who are experiencing this issue complain about not sending messages to users and other members on the followers’ list.
It originates from the Instagram server error or from the settings of the mobile device you are using. Or you may have been blocked by the user you want to send a message to.
In this article, we will examine all possible causes and try to find a solution.
Why Can’t I Send Direct Messages?
- If you cannot use the message option on Instagram and cannot send messages, first check your internet connection. A connection error may cause it.
- The second option is to check whether the person you want to send a message to disappeared from your followers’ list or not. Because some users only want messages from the people they follow to showing up, and they have adjusted their profile settings in this way.
- If you don’t see these two options’ problems, the third option you need to check is the Instagram server status. Check for a general problem. If the problem is only due to you, you should try the following recommendations.
How to Prevent the DM Problem on Instagram?
Do not always blame Instagram. Sometimes, even the settings of the mobile devices you use may prevent you from sending messages.
For example, you should clean cookies frequently. These cookies may have stopped you from using the applications correctly.
- When you are having a DM problem on Instagram, close and restart the application.
- Logout from your account and sign in again.
- If it still does not recover, delete and reinstall the Instagram application.
- If your device’s memory is full, it may not accept new data. This can lead to problems with sending and receiving threads.
- As a last resort, try sending a message with your cellular connection instead of your WiFi connection.
Advanced Solutions & Conclusion
Have you tried all the solution options we wrote above? Although Instagram Direct messages (DMs) still not working?
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
Well, we’ll give you a few more options.
If all this is not working, all you have to do is consult the Instagram technical support team:
- Ask your friends if they have the same problem. So you understand that the problem is only your source.
- If the person you send a message has blocked you, you cannot send a message to him.
- If you cannot receive messages, make sure that the message settings are active in Instagram privacy settings.
- Log in to your Instagram account from a different mobile device and try sending a message.
If you are trying to send an in-group message to a group, the group’s permissions must be appropriate. Some groups do not allow users to send messages to the group.