If Instagram direct messages (DMs) not working, we will give you some tips to fix it. There may be various reasons for this.
One of the most common problems of Instagram is the direct message problem.
Users who are experiencing this issue complain about not being able to send messages to users and other members on the followers’ list.
It originates from the Instagram servers, or from the settings of the mobile device you are using. Or you may have been blocked by the user you want to send a message to.
In this article, we will examine all possible causes and try to find a solution.
Why Can’t I Send Direct Messages?
- If you cannot use the message option on Instagram and cannot send messages, first check your internet connection. It may be caused by a connection problem.
- The second option is to check if the person you want to send a message to is on your followers’ list or not. Because some users only want to receive messages from the people they follow and they have adjusted their profile settings in this way.
- If you don’t see problems with these two options, the third option you need to check is the Instagram server status. Check for a general problem. If the problem is only due to you, you should try the following recommendations.
How to Prevent the DM Problem on Instagram?
Do not always blame Instagram. Sometimes, even the settings of the mobile devices you use may prevent you from sending messages.
For example, you should clean cookies frequently. These cookies may prevent you from using the applications correctly.
- When you are having DM problem on Instagram, close and restart the application.
- Logout from your account and sign in again.
- If it still does not recover, delete and reinstall the Instagram application.
- If your device’s memory is full, it may not accept new data. This can lead to problems with sending and receiving messages.
- As a last resort, try sending a message with your cellular connection instead of your WiFi connection.
Advanced Solutions & Conclusion
Have you tried all the solution options we wrote above? Although Instagram Direct messages (DMs) still not working?
Well, we’ll give you a few more options.
If all this is not working, all you have to do is consult the Instagram technical support team:
- Ask your friends if they have the same problem. So you understand that the problem is only your source.
- If the person to whom you are sending a message has blocked you, you cannot send a message to him.
- If you cannot receive messages, make sure that the message settings are active in Instagram privacy settings
- Log in to your Instagram account from a different mobile device and try sending a message
- If you are trying to send an in-group message to a group, the group’s permissions must be appropriate. Some groups do not allow users to send messages to the group