So, you want to get popular in Instagram. Well, it is not that easy since Instagram is now the best and most widely used online photo and video sharing application in the world. There are 1 billion active users monthly on the social platform. Also, the number of photos and videos uploaded are more than 100 million per day.
If you make up your mind to get famous on Instagram, we will give 10 great tips to be among popular Instagram accounts. The benefits of being popular are that you can make money and inspire change. Also, you can be invited to special gathering to expand your sphere.
Make your account public
You have to have a public account if you want to become popular. If you switch into the private account, only those you approved can see your feed. Also, your content does not appear on “Search and Explore” page of Instagram that basically limit your chance to get more exposure with non-followers.
Besides, you can connect your Instagram account with the number of other social networks like Facebook, Twitter to get more interaction with your account.
Shape your bio
If you are not paying enough attention to your Instagram bio, you are missing a huge potential to attract new followers. Do you know that it takes less than two-tenths of a second for a visitor to form an idea about your feed?
- Your Instagram bio is the center and front place that you create an image for yourself and your brand. You have to be sure that the bio description represents you in the best possible way.
- First Question That you need to ask yourself: Who am I trying to appeal? How can I describe myself, my aims and my personality with 150 characters? Also, you need to be clear about whether this feed will be personal or professional.
- If you plan to keep it personal, you can be creative and comfortable about your bio. Otherwise, it is better to describe your profession and what you offer to the visitors and indicate how your visitors can find you.
Follow and Comment Others Content
One of the most important things you should pay attention is to engage with your community. Once you joined the social network, you should start following other users so that they can follow you in return. Be aware of your daily limitation because Instagram may assume that you are a spammer and may block you. You need to patient when you create your community.
- Keep in mind your end goal. If you want to get attention with your casual photos, be consistent. Keep your Instagram grid in style. Let’s assume that you have a business account. Do not share your personal or friends’ photo in the grid. Keep these personal or funny photos for your stories.
- It is extremely important you comment on other’s image or video. Recently, Instagram put priority on comments rather than likes. If you engage and at least put a heart icon as comment, this helps users’ to get more attention and followers.
So, keeping in touch with your community and engaging them are two keys in growing your audience and popularity.
- You can hold contests.
- Ask questions.
- Make a funny comment that people want to share.
Create unique hashtag for your page
The social network allows you to use up to 30 hashtags. You must be aware with popular hashtag like #love or #instafamous. However, it is a great idea to come up with unique hashtag for your Instagram page.
Let’s suppose that you have an ice cream shop with brilliant name. Use your company’s name as hashtag and encourage your customers to use this hashtag in their photos. You can even place this hashtag into your napkins or wall.
- Many social managers believe it is important to use less but creative hashtags.
You must plan beforehand how many images or videos you will share per day and week. In order to draw attention and increase your followers, you have to post regularly and be persistent in your content.
- If you have an aim to become a popular on Instagram, you have to share 2-3 content per day while paying a great attention to your Instagram stories.
- Not only Instagram but also your followers like regular account. It is not a great idea to post randomly. Do not forget that being famous requires a lot of work.
- If you think that you cannot share 2-3 photos per day, at least put 2-3 per weeks while you engage with your community and increase your engagement with your followers and the ones you follow.
- It is a great idea to create a monthly program so that you can know beforehand what you will post on a particular day.
Create your style
Create your own style. If we talk hours about the style, it would not be enough. As there are around 1 billion active users in the community, you should make a difference and create reasons for other users to follow you. If you are another user, why should they follow you?
So, you have to come up with a unique idea to create your page. If you will keep it personal, share 2-3 photos per day about you and yourselves or even what you eat. The Outfit of the Day draws a great engagement and followers. It is a great idea to share what your outfit is for that particular day. How about your makeup or brands you use for your makeup? Do not hesitate to post the image or video of your make-up!
Here are for pro-tips that will help you to shape your style:
- Be consistent with color.
- Show personality through your photos.
- Choose the right image and filters.
- Don’t underestimate positioning.
Instagram lets you to pinpoint where you post and also give priority content with geotagging. Additionally, in order to found in your local community, it is essential to geotag your content. While you post your image following filters and text, Instagram provides you an option to pinpoint your location.
- If you opt in to use this feature, your content will become available your neighborhood. Let’s suppose that you have a shop in a particular location. By using the geotagging, other users will be able to find you without difficulty. This will pave the way to become popular in your community.
- Also, you can search in your area to see what’s trending and create a similar post to increase your engagement with your followers.
- Use geo tags in your Instagram stories. Account using locations in their stories get nearly more and more views.
Do not forget to add text
Ofcourse, an image is worthy of thousand words. Still, your followers need to hear what you think or what your position is on a particular issue. Also, you may need to explain your image or video to provide an idea to your followers or why this specific image or video is important for you. Get descriptive! Tell a story about your content! Of course, some will agree and some will not. Either way will provide you more and more engagement.
Find the best posting time
Social marketing managers may tell you to share your content at certain times. Nevertheless, when you build up your Instagram page, you will find eventually your perfect time to share your content.
- It is better to avoid working hours. Instead, you can share your content early in the morning so that users can find your content when they check their Instagram feeds. Also, you can try evening hours after the meal.
Call to action
To increase your engagement with your followers, the call to action provides an excellent opportunity. Whenever you post an image or video, invite people to show reaction to your post by saying, “Double tap if you agree,” “Tag a friend,” “Please comment.” The more engagement you have, the more followers you will have in the near future.
Here is the how to become an Instagram Celebrity
Now Instagram is a social network for one reason: it lets you connect with other people. So if you want to start off on your path to becoming an Instagram-Diva, the first thing to do is to connect. It is important you have a set objective for each of your Instagram account as this will help you know the people you will need to connect with.
Yeah! You are on the gram and you’ve got to connect with people that matter to you. Probably you have got a couple of follows yourself. What Next? Engage!
To hire people, you will need to drop comments on their posts. Useful, humorous or very intelligent comments will get you notice. Join by using hashtags that are currently trending in your community or Niche. Tagging other bigger players in that community or niche will also be useful as you seek to engage. If you get a perfect shot in a fantastic location, geo-tagging will increase engagement on the Gram as this excellent location may be popular already.
People are very busy these days and sometimes, just engaging will not get you the desired results. Promoting yourself becomes inevitable on your way to Instagram “Divadom.” When you post a video or picture, use the share on other sites option to promote yourself. You may even organize giveaways for your brand. Partnering with a big player in your community for your giveaways is the most efficient way to promote yourself
Consistently posting on Instagram will keep you atop your audience minds and will get you more followers and likes.
Being consistent doesn’t mean posting pictures that are not relevant. A shot of your lunch may be ok, but a continuous posting of such content won’t take you to the diva status you crave
Every social network has its ethics. In the gram posting at the mornings or after work hours is considered the best for getting engagements. Again reduce the number of selfies on your feed and learn to spread out your pictures instead of dumping multiple photos of the same type at once.
Learning to use apps that are created to enhance Instagram is another way to improve your visibility and followers engagements. Flipgram and Overgram are examples of these apps.
Our previous article titled The Beginner’s Guide for Instagram Advertisement is about advertising, instagram ve instagram ads too.