Apple’s iMessage app is a great way to communicate, send texts, and voice memos with your friends and family using your iPhone or Mac computer. We all love the features and the easy in-app usage of it. But when you have an iOS phone and a Windows PC, you might want some of the Apple qualifications on your computer too. But how can you access iMessage on PC?
Unfortunately, Apple’s apps are usually downloadable only for Apple devices, but there are a couple of ways to reach iMessage from your PC. Here we explain how to get iMessage on PC.
Connecting iMessage to Your PC from Your Mac via Chrome Remote Desktop
This way is for when you have a Mac and Windows PC at the same time. Using this extension in Google, you can direct your iMessage app on Mac to your Windows PC. It allows you to connect the two computers’ screens and see the screen of one another. Here’s how to do it:
- You need to have a Mac OS and iMessage.
- You also need to download Chrome and the Chrome Remote Desktop extension client to both computers.
- Launch the extension on your Mac and click “Get Started” under My Computer.
- Download the Chrome app for Remote Desktop Host Installer (only) on your Mac.
- After downloading, open the “chromeremotedesktop.dmg” file.
- Follow the steps and complete the download.
- Re-launch the Chrome Remote Desktop extension.
- Create a PIN to use.
- Get to the Windows PC and open the extension.
- Click “Get Started” under My Computers.
- You should be able to see your host MacBook available to connect.
- Enter the PIN you created.
- Now you are streaming your Mac screen on your Windows computer and can use iMessage.
- To end streaming, click on the “Stop Sharing” button.
Using an Emulator
An emulator is a type of program that allows you to use different computer systems. There are free emulator extensions and programs for you to download. Once you download one of these that is suitable for Mac and Windows, you can use the macOS features, including iMessage.
Getting iMessage History on Your PC
If the only thing you need on your PC is the current or old messages on your iMessage, you can receive your iMessage history to your computer with another tool. There are many tools for a history backup; one of them is called Free iPhone Data Recovery. As you can tell from the name, this is to recover files from your Apple device, which also means getting the iMessage history. All you need to do is download and launch the recovery.
Getting iMessage Notifications on Your PC
Another solution is to simply get the iOS notifications on your PC. Yet with another tool called Pushbullet, you will be able to get your iMessage notifications on your Apple computer. It comes quite in handy if you’re working in front of the computer for too long and can’t find the time to check your phone.
Conclusion on iMessage
In conclusion, it is not easy to get Apple’s applications to your Windows PC, but there are some ways to get around it and get what you need. We hope this article on how to get iMessage on your PC helped you with your problem.
Can You Unsend an iMessage?
Sometimes, mobile phone users can send a message to the wrong person or regret the message they have sent to a person. On applications such as WhatsAp...
How to Take a Screenshot on Mac
Like many features, it is a little bit different from taking a screenshot on Mac. You can take three kinds of screenshots on Mac, and there is on...
If you want to learn more about such topics, check out our articles about using other apps on PC, such as using Instagram DM on PC or using Snapchat on Mac.