Apple’s iMessage app is a great way to communicate, send texts, and voice memos with your friends and family using your iPhone or Mac computer. We all love the features and the easy in-app usage of it. But when you have an iOS phone and a Windows PC, you might want some of the Apple qualifications on your computer too. Unfortunately, Apple’s apps are usually downloadable only for Apple devices, but there are a couple of ways to reach iMessage from your PC. Here we explain how to get iMessage on PC.
Connecting iMessage to Your PC from Your Mac via Chrome Remote Desktop
This way is for when you have a Mac and Windows PC at the same time. By using this extension in Google, you can direct your iMessage app on Mac to your Windows PC. It allows you to connect the two computers’ screens and you can see the screen of one another. Here’s how to do it:
- You need to have a Mac OS and iMessage.
- You also need to download Chrome and the Chrome Remote Desktop extension to both computers.
- Launch the extension on your Mac and click “Get Started” under My Computer.
- Download the Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer (only) on your Mac.
- After downloading, open the “chromeremotedesktop.dmg” file.
- Follow the steps and complete the download.
- Re-launch the Chrome Remote Desktop extension.
- Create a PIN to use.
- Get to the Windows PC and open the extension.
- Click “Get Started” under My Computers.
- You should be able to see your host MacBook available to connect.
- Enter the PIN you created.
- Now you are streaming your Mac screen on your Windows computer and can use iMessage.
- To end streaming click on the “Stop Sharing” button.
Using an Emulator
An emulator is a type of program that allows you to use different computer systems. There are free emulator extensions and programs for you to download. Once you download one of these that is suitable for Mac and Windows, you can use the macOS features, including iMessage.
Getting iMessage History on Your PC
If the only thing you need on your PC is the current or old messages on your iMessage, with another tool, you can get your iMessage history to your computer. There are many tools for a history backup; one of them is called Free iPhone Data Recovery. As you can tell from the name, this is to recover files from your Apple device, which also means getting the iMessage history. All you need to do is download and launch the recovery.
Getting iMessage Notifications on Your PC
Another solution is to simply get the iOS notifications on your PC. Yet with another tool called Pushbullet, you will be able to get your iMessage notifications on your Apple computer. It comes quite in handy if you’re working in front of the computer for too long and can’t find the time to check your phone.
First off, you need to download the iMessage app to your Mac. After you log in with your Apple ID, you will be able to get the old conversations and use the app as it is.
Theoretically speaking, yes, you should be able to use all of Apple’s features if you jailbreak your phone and use the right tools. But it is not recommended to jailbreak your Apple devices since they are designed to work with the only iOS operated other devices. There is a high risk for your phone to be broken down if you jailbreak it
Many apps make their experiences available for Android, Apple, and Windows devices. Try using Whatsapp of Facebook Messenger to be able to get them for all of your devices.
In conclusion, it is not so easy to get Apple’s applications to your Windows PC, but there are some ways to get around it and get what you need. We hope this article on how to get iMessage on your PC helped you with your problem.