iCloud won’t let you sign in, and you are looking for solutions, right? Is there a problem with your iCloud account? How can you sign in to iCloud? Read our suggestions to learn more about your connection to iCloud!
What Could Be the Problem?
- You should always check your internet connection first. If you don’t have stable Wi-Fi, this might be the main reason that cloud won’t let you sign in.
- It is best to restart your device if you are sure to enter the right Apple ID and password. Try to reconnect to iCloud again after you restart your Mac and iPhone.
- Apple ID and password are case sensitive. Is the caps lock on? Enter your Apple ID considering the case sensitivity.
- Most users have these iCloud issues because they have forgotten their Apple ID or Apple ID password. If you cannot remember these, here are some tips for connecting back to the iCloud.
Forgot Your iCloud ID?
If your problem is about remembering iCloud ID or password, here are some suggestions for solving your iCloud login problem:
- To learn your Apple ID, you can get help from your apple system of your iPhone.
- Use this path to see your Apple ID: Settings > Passwords – you will see your Apple ID there.
- Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. This path also will show you your Apple ID.
- Settings > Facetime. Opening Facetime will also show you your Apple ID.
- You can also see your Apple ID on your Mac.
- Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID
- Apple menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts > iCloud account
- If you need internet to see this…
- You should go to iCloud.com and go to Account Settings if you are already signed in.
Forgot Your Apple ID Password?
All of the apple services will help you to reset your password when you open them. If you can’t remember your Apple ID password, you can easily fix this issue.
- You should do the following to solve your iCloud issues:
- On iPhone or iPad Settings > Tap (your name) > Password & Security > Change Password
- On Mac Apple Menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > Password & Security > “Forgotten Apple ID and password”
If You Are Sure About Your Apple ID and Password
Then some other problem might be creating these iCloud issues for you. If you are certain your internet connection is OK, restarted your devices once, and if you are sure that your email address is correct but still cannot log in to iCloud drive, keychain files could be the source of your issue.
What Should I Do if iCloud Still Won’t Let Me Sign In?
- Move keychain files
- Click on ‘Go’ and then ‘Go to folder’ on your Mac. Type this: ~/Library/Keychain
- Move the files here to another folder you created on your Mac.
- Now you should log out from your apple system and log in back.
- Try resetting the keychain
If moving the keychain files did not solve your problem, follow the steps below:
- Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access > Preferences > General > “Reset my default keychain”
- After this, enter your new password.
- Restart your Apple device to see you can log in to your iCloud on your Mac.
- Deleting iCloud folder
- Sign out of your account and sign into the iCloud drive back.
- Follow these steps now: Finder > Go menu > Option > Library > Application support
- Here, find the iCloud folder and copy it to your desktop. Delete the original iCloud folder.
- Restart your device to sign in to iCloud.
FAQ About Being Unable to Sign in to iCloud
Check if your internet connection is OK and your apple ID password is true. If there is no problem with those, the keychain could be creating issues for you.
You should go up and see the steps to find your Apple ID and reset your Apple ID password.
You can move keychain files; this generally solves your issue. If it does not, try resetting the keychain or deleting the iCloud folder.
If you were logged in to iCloud Drive before, then all of your documents, files, photographs, contacts, emails, etc., are already backed up automatically by iCloud Drive itself. If you had stopped this automatic backup process manually before having this sign-in issue, then you may lose some of your documents.
You should ask for support from apple services. Generally, suggested steps are the solutions for your sign in to the iCloud problem, but if you are unable to solve your problem and iCloud still won’t let you sign in, you should talk to apple support.
Conclusion on Being Unable to Sign in to iCloud
Some users have these problems from time to time, and if there are no problems with their Apple ID and password, then generally, the keychain on apple devices creates this problem. Take a look at our suggestions and solve your iCloud issues! However, signing in to websites and applications can sometimes be problematic. One of the common cases among users is not being able to sign in to YouTube. But luckily here’s a review on how to resolve the singing into YouTube issue.