One of the good features of LinkedIn is that you can raise your reliability. LinkedIn gives a chance to its users to demonstrate their skills and qualifications. When you complete your LinkedIn profile, people can give endorsements and write recommendation letters for your profile. Therefore, your experiences become more reliable. If you don’t know how to write a recommendation on LinkedIn, we will help you get acquainted with the subject.
How to Get a Recommendation Letter?
LinkedIn has a feature that asks your communications to write you a recommendation letter. Your connection may be your employer, employee, or any co-worker you worked with. Here are the steps for you!
- First, you should decide whom you will ask for a recommendation letter. Write their names into the search box, which is at the top of the page.
- When you enter the profile, at the top, you will see three dots.
- In this section, there are different options. You should select the option that says, “Request a Recommendation.”
- Now, two questions that should be answered by you will pop up. The first question is about your working relationship with the recommender.
- After you answered the question, you may answer the second one. It wants you to state your position at the time you worked with the recommender.
- Then, you can click the “Next” button. Now you will see a message box. You can write the things that you want to forward to your recommender.
Writing a Recommendation Letter on LinkedIn
There are two ways of writing someone a recommendation letter. First, you may want to write a recommendation for a certain person. Second, you may receive a recommendation letter request from someone you work with.
- If you want to send a recommendation letter to one of your connections, you should first enter their profile. The three dots on the profile is the button you should click to. You will see the options listed, and one of them is a button named “Recommend.” As in the previous part of the article, you should explain the relationship between you and your connection. After that, you will fill the part that asks about your position at the time. Then, you may write your letter and click the “Send” button.
- If someone asked you to write a recommendation for their LinkedIn profile, you will receive a notification. It will be in the section of recommendation requests. After you examine the request, you may choose to click “Write Recommendation” to write the letter, or if you do not want to write the letter, you may click the “Ignore” button.
Concluding LinkedIn Recommendations
In this article, we gave solutions for some troubles that you may face about recommendations on LinkedIn. We have included the necessary steps to write a LinkedIn recommendation. Hope they would be helpful! If you want to learn more about LinkedIn, you may also like our article about how to write a good LinkedIn summary.