If you are a frequent user of YouTube as well you might have come across private videos. But much to your dismay, such videos do not allow strangers. Right now, we will be talking about how you can watch private videos on YouTube.
If you are ready to get right into the subject, then let us begin with the reasons that might deter you from viewing private videos on YouTube.
Why Can’t You Watch Private Videos on YouTube?
- Some users who upload videos to YouTube may choose to make their videos unlisted or unlisted. If someone shares the link with you, you can watch the unlisted video, but to access the private video, you need to contact the video owner and then request permission to view it.
- Private YouTube videos can only be viewed by any user permitted by the uploader on the video settings page of the particular video.
- Private videos cannot be seen in search results and do not appear as suggested videos, so you cannot search.
- It also does not notify subscribers that the private video has been uploaded. This helps preload videos with corporate profiles, which is very useful during campaign migration. The video can be made public at any convenient time.
What Is an Unlisted Video?
Although anyone can watch unpublished videos, they won’t appear in YouTube search results or the uploader’s channel. You cannot rely on YouTube’s search engine or external search engines to find unlisted videos, you can only watch them when someone shares a direct link with you. To access an unlisted video, you should consider sending a message to the uploader or contacting one of your friends who have already watched the video.
Still Can’t Watch Private Videos Despite Having the Share Link?
- When trying to watch a video, please make sure you have a YouTube account and log in.
- Viewers must log in to the YouTube account that shared the video.
- Viewers need to use a specific link to send the private video to their mailbox.
How to Watch Private Videos on YouTube
By default, only users who upload private videos can watch private videos. This is done to protect their privacy, but uploaders (if they choose) can also manually add users to the list of people who are allowed access to private videos. So, to watch a private YouTube video, you need to contact the uploader, provide the Google account username required for authentication by YouTube, and ask them to grant access to the video. If the uploader refuses to share the video link with you, you don’t have to bother, just try the second method.
No Right to Watch Private Videos on YouTube?
Although this method won’t work for most people, it’s still worth a try.
- Watch exclusive YouTube videos then delete the clock from its URL.
- The result will then be https://www.youtube.com/v=nhSRe5UbCIY.
- Click Enter, then the video will be unlocked.
Using this method helps unlock private video, you can then view it in the full window without login. To comply with the age restriction policy, please refrain from using such measures for any malicious purpose.
- Sign in and then watch the video
- In your inbox on YouTube, click on the email sent by the person who uploaded the video to notify you that the video has been shared with you.
- A rectangular box with a smaller red box with three white horizontal dots will appear in the email. Click on one of the white horizontal dots. Click here to go to the video on YouTube.
- The video will now start playing in the YouTube app or browser. Note, however, that you have to log in to your YouTube account using the email that sent the private link.
Conclusion on Watching Private Videos on YouTube
In this article, we showed you how to watch private videos on YouTube’. We hope it has been a useful article for you. Wish to know more about managing YouTube videos? Then you might as well check out our review on how to block videos on YouTube.