We know that WhatsApp, which is a recently used messaging program, is the most preferred program with its many features, such as sending pictures and audio files over the internet, except for messaging. WhatsApp is an inseparable piece of our life now. We miss it when its services break down, and we wait hours for everything to get fixed.
In the past, it was necessary to have a phone number and a SIM card in order to use WhatsApp, but now it is enough for you to use WhatsApp if you have an internet connection and a device that supports WhatsApp. So let’s see how to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
How to Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number?
If you want to register on WhatsApp, you need to have a phone number. This is a fact everyone knows. The first time you log in, WhatsApp asks for a verification code and confirms your account. And then, you can start using WhatsApp. This is a classic method that everyone knows and applies. In this article, we will tell you how you can verify this without an actual phone number. So how to use WhatsApp without phone number?
First of all, we will talk about a method that allows you to use WhatsApp comfortably on other devices. You can learn more about WhatsApp, such as how to back up WhatsApp, through our blog; check it out.
Link a Device
Did you know that you can use your WhatsApp from another phone, a computer, or a tablet? You can easily use your WhatsApp account on another screen by pairing it with another device. It is pretty easy to use:
- Type web.whatsapp.com URL in your web browser and press enter.
- Then click on settings on your primary device connected to WhatsApp. You will see the Link Devices section.
- After clicking here, you can pair your devices by scanning the QR code on the website with the camera.
Use WhatsApp With a Landline Number
Many may think that WhatsApp would not be used without a SIM card because that used to be the case, but it’s not like this anymore. You can also use WhatsApp over the phone number of the landline. Moreover, you can use a tool like WhatsApp link generator to create a link where people can easily contact you. Here are the steps:
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your mobile device (not your laptop or desktop).
- WhatsApp will ask you for a phone number for the verification code; enter your landline phone number in that field.
- Wait for SMS Verification to fail; WhatsApp will give you a call option after these fails.
- After approximately 5 minutes, you will see the Call Me option on the screen. To get a call from WhatsApp to your landline number, click Call Me and wait for it to call.
- Now, wait for the automatic call from WhatsApp to your landline number. This automated voice will repeat your 6-digit verification code multiple times. Make a note of this verification code and enter this verification code in that field on WhatsApp.
- After the call, enter the verification code in the field after searching. That’s it! Now you can use the app without your phone number.
Use WhatsApp with TextNow
Another method is provided by downloading an application called TextNow to your phone. TextNow is a messaging app that provides you with a free phone number so that you can log into WhatsApp and verify your account. Here is how:
- Download the TextNow app on your mobile device.
- Open the TextNow application and install it. After installation, the app will give you a phone number; make a note of it.
- Now, download and install WhatsApp on your phone. After completing the installation, WhatsApp will ask you to enter a phone number and type the number you noted here.
- Wait a moment for SMS Verification to fail. WhatsApp needs to send you an automatic call. WhatsApp allows you to call your number when SMS verification fails; confirm this.
- To receive an automatic call from WhatsApp, press the Call Me button on the screen and wait for the call.
- In the meantime, you need to open the TextNow application on your device because you have to answer the call you receive from WhatsApp.
- Answer the call and write down your Textnow verification code.
- Now enter the verification code you noted in WhatsApp and finish your WhatsApp setup.
Now you can use your WhatsApp with virtual number.
Having a Google Voice Number can be very useful. It is very useful for people making and receiving international calls. You may also want to use WhatsApp with your Google Voice number for privacy.
Instead of changing your real number, Google Voice gives you an alternative number that you can use. Google Voice gives you a free, permanent phone number based on your Google account. You can use this number to make calls, send text messages, leave a voicemail, and more.
Facebook Messenger vs WhatsApp
Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are both applications for creating conversations with people you know. You can create chat groups or make video calls ...
How to Record a Video on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a multipurpose messaging application in which you can communicate your contacts in several alternative ways. One of these ways is sending ...
Currently only available to US and Canadian Google users. A Google Voice number can be associated with two different accounts. A personal account can handle all your calls. Pairing your Google Voice number with a WhatsApp number is pretty simple. With Google Voice, you can use WhatsApp without phone number. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Download Google Voice and sign up.
- Click “Setting” and then get a Google Voice number.
- Verify this number with a real one.
- After everything is set, sign up to WhatsApp with your Google Voice number.
You can get the verification code to your Google Voice number via text message or a voicemail in your Google Voice dashboard. Now you can use sign up with an online WhatsApp number. You can also learn more about numbers on WhatsApp with the WhatsApp Help center.
We have covered how to use WhatsApp without a phone number. Previously, it was not possible to use WhatsApp without a sim card or a number, but nowadays, a considerable number of people can use it without a phone number. We hope that one of the methods we described has worked for you and you have solved your problem.