We know that WhatsApp, which is a recently used messaging program, is the most preferred program with its many features such as sending pictures and audio files over the internet, except for messaging. In the past, it was necessary to have a phone number and a SIM card in order to use WhatsApp, but now it is enough for you to use WhatsApp if you have an internet connection and a device that supports WhatsApp. So let’s see how to use WhatsApp without phone number.
How to Use WhatsApp With a Landline Number?
Many of you may think that WhatsApp would not be used without a SIM card because that used to be the case, but it’s not like this anymore. You can also use WhatsApp over the phone number of the landline. Here are the steps:
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your mobile device.
- WhatsApp will ask you for a phone number for the verification code, enter your landline phone number in that field.
- Wait for SMS Verification to fail, WhatsApp will give you a call option after these fails.
- After approximately 5 minutes, you will see Call Me option on the screen, to get a call from WhatsApp to your landline number, click Call Me and wait for it to call.
- Now, wait for the automatic call from WhatsApp to your landline number. This automated voice will repeat your 6-digit verification code multiple times. Make a note of this verification code and enter this verification code on that field on WhatsApp.
- After the call, enter the verification code in the field after searching. That’s it! Now you can use the app without your phone number.
How to Use WhatsApp with TextNow
Another method is provided by downloading an application called TextNow to your phone. TextNow is a messaging app that provides you with a free phone number so that you can log into WhatsApp and verify your account. Here is how:
- Download the TextNow app on your mobile device.
- Open the TextNow application and install it. After installation, the app will give you a phone number, make a note of it.
- Now, download and install WhatsApp on your phone. After completing the installation, WhatsApp will ask you to enter a phone number, type the number you noted here.
- Wait a moment for SMS Verification to fail. WhatsApp needs to send you an automatic call. WhatsApp shows the option to call your number when SMS verification fails, confirm this.
- To receive an automatic call from WhatsApp, press the Call Me button on the screen and wait for the call.
- In the meantime, you need to open the TextNow application on your device because you have to answer the call you receive from WhatsApp.
- Answer the call and write down your verification code.
- Now enter the verification code you noted in WhatsApp and finish your WhatsApp setup.
It cannot be said that using WhatsApp without a phone number is not much different from using WhatsApp normally.
Of course, there are a lot of apps that can help us with this. You can also try other popular and free alternatives like MyOperator, FreshCaller and VirtualPhone.
Very likely, yes, because these apps are not created just for WhatsApp. However, we cannot guarantee that it will work 100% in every application.
We have covered how to use WhatsApp without phone number. Previously, it was not possible to use WhatsApp without a sim card or a number, but nowadays a considerable number of people can use it without a phone number.
In this article, we have shown you two methods to enable you to use WhatsApp without a phone number. We hope that one of the methods we described has worked for you and you have solved your problem.