More and more people are using the Instagram Stories feature day by day, and today, we will teach you how to use Instagram Stories. This awesome feature is still up and running and it arouses great interest.
While too much sharing on the same day sometimes arouses discomfort for followers, Instagram Stories often don’t.
What Is Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories are shares that users have made during the day, and these stories are deleted automatically after 24 hours. Stories can be shared as photos or videos. This way, your followers can see the photos you have shared. Moreover, you can also see who has viewed your Story.
Instagram Stories are at the top of the news feed. You can click on the photos at the top of your Instagram homepage to look at your friends’ stories. You can view your friends’ posts by clicking on the circle-shaped profile photos in this section. If a profile photo surrounds a ring in the colors of the Instagram logo, it means that your friend has added a new one to their Stories.
Once you’ve shared Story on Instagram, you’ll see the plus sign on your home page has been removed, and your photo is in a circle. By clicking on your profile picture, you can watch the story you’ve shared and see how many people have watched on the bottom left. You can find out who has seen your stories by pressing the numbers on the bottom left or by pulling the screen up. However, there are two important things: remember, only you can see who has seen your story. Also, keep in mind that you won’t be able to see who has seen your story after 24 hours.
How to Add an Instagram Story
- If you press the circle once when the camera is turned on, you can take a photo.
- As long as you tap and hold it down, you can record a video.
- After taking your picture or video, you can select a filter by sliding your screen.
- You can write or draw anything you want by clicking the pencil mark in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To send, just press the ‘’Your Story’’ button at the bottom left of the screen.
If you want to share a photo or video that you have recorded in the gallery within 24 hours, you can access and share your videos and pictures which is taken in the last 24 hours by pulling down the screen after switching to the “Story” section. Then the story disappears afterward.
This story will be shared with your followers for 24 hours. Furthermore, you can add any photo that is in your gallery. The photos you want to share not need to be taken within 24 hours.
By the way, if you want to protect the photos and videos you share in the story on your mobile device’s camera roll; make sure that ‘’Save Shared Photos” is turned on in the “Story Settings” section.
If you want to save your photos and videos on your Stories, you can use Instagram Stories highlights. This way your favorite Stories will be kept on your profile.
How Can I Share Feed Posts to Instagram Stories
To share Instagram feed posts on your Stories:
- Go to the post you want to share on your Story.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- Select the ‘’create a story with this post’’ option on the following menu.
- You can tap it if you wish to share it with a customized background. You can add text, sticker, or hashtag to post if you want.
In this way, you can share your posts in your story, too.
You can add many stickers on your Stories to make them look more interesting. You can share stickers such as locations, mentions, or even poll stickers to get feedback directly for a decision.
Adding elements like hashtag or location is a great way to add some more interesting things for Instagram users who follow you.
Why Should I Use Instagram Stories
Generally, Stories that are automatically deleted after 24 hours are using to share what users do during the day with their followers.
Facebook, officially announced that more than 150 million people use Instagram Stories daily, and one in five stories receives direct messages from viewers.
In this sense, not using Instagram Stories means loss of followers and loss of interaction in the future; because this data can also be perceived as an indicator of the decline in post shares.
If you want to use this feature, you should follow the steps below:
How Can I Mention Someone in My Story
- To tag someone in your story, tap the screen after taking a photo or video, and type the name of the user you want to add after typing @.
- When you talk about someone like this in your story, it appears underlined in your story.
- People who follow your story can then tap the user name to access their profile.
- You can add brand accounts on your stories, too.
Some Tips to Get More Views on Instagram Stories
Instagram gives you so many options for this. However, the first thing you need to do is make sure your account is a public account, and then you need to share stories actively. Let’s see these options:
- With “Boomerang,” you can share a very short video recording for 5 seconds repeatedly.
- You can use the ‘’Superzoom” option; this option allows you to share 10-second videos with sound effect zoom
- With the “Rewind ”option, you can share the rewind of a video in the form of 10-second videos.
You can find these features at the bottom of the screen and use them by swiping the screen from bottom to right while in the story screen. These and other similar options can help you share different stories, and therefore help you to get more followers.
- Use Filters. In addition to color filters, Instagram stories also have face filters too. You can use these filters in your stories to create beautiful and interesting things. To use face effects, touch the starred-face icon at the top right of the screen.
Apart from them, you can add your location or some hashtags to your story. Specifying a location is a feature that many users like, and this feature plays an active role in increasing the number of followers.
Besides, you can add stickers to make your stories more fun. After taking a photo, you can use these features by tapping the icon to the left of the pencil mark on the Story screen.
You can do further research about Instagram Stories on the official Instagram Help page.
What Is ‘’Close Friends’’ on Instagram
Instagram’s “Close Friends” feature enables you to share your stories only with people you’ve added to your ‘’Close Friends’’ list.
With this feature, your stories can only be seen by your close friends. It also has a green ring around the shared stories for a list of close friends.
- First, you should go to your profile by clicking the profile button in the bottom right corner of the screen on Instagram.
- Then, click the 3 bars at the top right of your profile page.
- Click “Close Friends’’ on the menu.
- On the page that appears on the screen, you’ll see the people who are already in your list and the recommended contacts you can add to your list.
- From the Suggested tab, just click the “Add” button at the right of the people you want to see the stories you’ll share for “Close Friends’’.
- Once you’ve created your list of Close Friends list, you’ll need to take a photo or video from the story or upload a photo or video from your device.
- Once your story is ready, just press the ‘’Close Friends’’ button at the bottom left of the screen so that your story is only visible to the people on your close friends’ list.
One of the great things about the “Close Friends” feature is that you can add or remove any person from your Close Friends list without them ever knowing it. Since you learned how to make use of Instagram stories, make sure that you know how to edit them as well by reading our guide on how to edit Instagram stories.