Instagram is an app that is frequently updated and fixed. Facebook’s developers are working hard to monetize the app through the ads and if you are new to the app you might not know how to update Instagram, we will go over how to do it here.
Instagram has had hundreds of updates since its initial launch back in 2011. Some were completely game-changing, and some were very small tweaks.
Either way, the updates are happening regularly and you won’t want to miss out on some of the best features that the app presents.
How to Update Your Instagram App?
Whatever the case, if you don’t want to be using an outdated Instagram which will eventually stop working if you don’t update it, then you should turn on automatic updates on your mobile device.
How to turn on automatic updates for iPhone (iOS):
- First of all, go to your mobile device’s Settings.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes and App Store” section.
- There will be a section for automatic downloads, tap to toggle the “Updates” option to complete the process.
- Voila! Automatic updates are now available for your device.
How to turn on automatic updates for Android:
- First of all, open the Google Play Store app to continue.
- Tap on the icon with three horizontal lines to open the drop-down menu.
- From there, hit the “Settings” section to proceed.
- From the menu that opens, tap on the “Auto-update apps” section.
- Afterward, you’ll have two options to enable automatic app updates.
- If you select the “Over any network” option, you will get the updates on Wi-Fi and cellular data. We don’t recommend this if you’re trying to contain the data you consume.
- However, if you select the “Over Wi-Fi only” option, your apps will start to update only when you are connected to a proper Wi-Fi network.
However, if you are a person who wants to update their individually when you want, you should turn off automatic updates through the same steps we described above.
Sometimes this can play off better because you won’t have to update the apps you don’t use occasionally.
Therefore, updating the apps that you don’t use quite often may sound like you’re going to waste your internal storage, battery, and cellular data.
Why You Should Update Your Instagram App
Want to know why you should always confirm your Instagram is up to date? Well, you have a lot of reasons concerning the security and privacy of your information. However, one motive stands out the most.
The Instagram app is changing all the time, so you won’t want to get behind. Having an old version of the app may limit you from using certain features. It could even make the app run slower than usual.
For example, if a new and exciting feature comes out on Instagram, you won’t be able to access it until you download the most recent update.
For a Smooth Performance
More importantly, many Instagram updates include bug fixes. That might not seem like an exciting update, but bug fixes ensure that Instagram continues to run properly.
Even though Instagram updates can range from exciting new features to mundane bug fixes, it’s always recommended to make sure you have the most updated version.
In fact, once you update your Instagram, you’ll never be able to go back to the previous version.
Whether you are running a business account or just using the app for personal use, you never want to miss out on the frequent new features that Instagram provides.
Conclusion – Always Check for Updates
If you want to have the best experience you can get on Instagram, it’s crucial for you to keep your Instagram app up to date at all times. In some cases, you won’t even be allowed to use the app if you fail to do so.
There are great features like Stories, Insights, different post types, and a lot more you may want to utilize.
If you’re running a business or brand on the app, it’s guaranteed that you won’t want to exclude these features from your marketing plan.
Thank you for reading this article!