Google Chrome is a free web browsing software developed by Google and launched on September 2, 2008. It is the most commonly preferred web browser all around the world. Still, the browser continues to be improved every passing day. Google Chrome can automatically update itself when it has a new version; you can understand through its look. Make sure you can access the latest version of Google Chrome to reach maximum efficiency in online platforms. Well, how can we update Google Chrome when it cannot update itself automatically.
Update Google Chrome To The Latest Version
Generally, updates of Google Chrome will be done when you close and reopen the browser. Contrarily, if you haven’t closed it for a very long time, you may meet a pending update.
Here are the steps to update Google Chrome;
- Go to Google Chrome on your PC.
- Find the ‘More’ part at the top right of the page. If there is a pending update, a colored icon will appear; color depends on the update’s waiting time.
- Green color: An update was released within the last 48 hours.
- Orange color: An update was released within the last 96 hours.
- Red color: An update was released more than a week ago.
- Click the ‘Update Google Chrome’ button.
- Click the ‘Relaunch’ button. That’s it!
If there are opened tabs on the browser, it saves them and reopens them automatically when you restart it. On the other side, if you open the tabs by Incognito Windows, Chrome won’t reopen them.
Update Chrome on your iOS devices
Chrome needs to be updated automatically on mobile devices. You can easily check for a new version.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Tap your profile at the top right of the page.
- Find the ‘Available Updates’ part and find Chrome. If there’s a pending update, you will see it here.
- Tap the ‘Update’ button next to the name of Chrome.
- If asked, enter your account password. That’s it!
FAQs About Updating Chrome
If there is not the button, you are already on the latest version of Google Chrome.
Go to Google Chrome on your PC.
Find the ‘More’ part at the top right of the page.
Click ‘Help’ and then click ‘About Google Chrome.’ You can see which is the current version of Google Chrome under the ‘Google Chrome’ heading.
YES, Google offers its users beta versions of Chrome.
Approximately every six weeks.
Yes, it is possible. You can downgrade to the three latest versions of Chrome. Get professional help from the Google Help Center!
There may be several reasons. To solve this problem;
Download Google Chrome again.
Restart your computer.
Check for malware.
Make sure you meet the system requirements.
Check antivirus and firewall.
If it still doesn’t work, get professional help from the Google Help Forum.
Updating Google Chrome In Short
If there’s a new version of Chrome, it will automatically update itself. When you close and reopen the browser, you will see the changes on Google Chrome. Contrarily, sometimes, it cannot update itself. At this point, you can easily update Google Chrome by following the steps mentioned above. If you liked this article, you can also like how to restore Google Chrome tabs.