To ensure the messenger works correctly, you need to update Discord on your PC and phone on time. Discord automatically starts updating by checking for them when you restart the program. Below is a step-by-step instruction. Also consider what to do if an error occurs while downloading the software.
Today we will talk about updating Discord, looking at massive problems, and bringing out practical solution algorithms.
How to Update Discord the Correct Way
- Check your antivirus
- Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- Run as administrator
- Reinstall Discord on an existing installation
- Rename the update file
- Uninstall Discord and delete local app data
- Check Your Antivirus
Sometimes Discord doesn’t update because the antivirus interferes with the update process. If you are using antivirus software, temporarily disable the software or close / close the app from the system tray.
If your antivirus is the problem, possibly you should consider switching to different antivirus software. Bitdefender offers excellent protection and won’t interfere with your system in any way, so feel free to give it a try
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Another program that can create problems with Discord is your Firewall. If Discord isn’t updating, your Firewall may be blocking something in the background, so it’s recommended to disable it temporarily.
To disable your antivirus firewall, start the antivirus, go to Settings and disable the real-time protection or firewall option.
To disable Windows Defender Firewall:
- Type Firewall in Cortana / Search option and open Firewall and Network Protection.
- You should see all the network connections on your PC. Click on Network Connection that has Active next to it.
- In Windows Defender Firewall, click the toggle switch to disable Firewall.
- Make sure to block all incoming connections, including from allowed apps, is not selected.
- Run as Administrator
Running the Discord app with admin privileges seems to have worked for some users.
- Ensure that Discord is completely closed and that there is no Discord icon in the application’s toolbar.
- Open Task Manager. Click the right button on the application’s toolbar and select Task Manager.
- Now look for any Discord related process and terminate it.
- Reboot your system.
- After restarting, right-click on the Discord app and select Run as administrator.
- Reinstall Discord on the Existing Installation
If Discord doesn’t update, you can download the latest version of the Discord app and install it on the existing installation.
- Download the new version of Discord from the official website
- Run the installer and allow Windows to proceed with the installation if a warning message appears.
- Rename the Update File
Another commonly suggested solution for this problem is to rename the update.exe file in the AppData Local folder to something else.
Then, run the installer and update the app via the existing installer or download it from the official website as suggested in the above solution.
Uninstall Discord and Delete Local App Data
If Discord doesn’t update on your PC, perhaps your best bet would be to uninstall Discord and remove local files from your PC altogether. This is relatively simple, and to do it, do the following:
- Press Windows key + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type % LocalAppData% and press Enter.
- Look for the Discord folder. Right-click on the Discord folder and select Delete
- Then, type % appdata% in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Right-click the Discord folder again and select Delete.
- Once deleted, download the Discord app.
How to Change Your Bio On Discord
Your Discord bio serves as your online persona, just like your profiles do on other social media platforms. It is how you present yourself to other us...
What Is Discord?
Discord is one of the most popular group-chatting apps, with more than 100 million monthly active users. It was created as a hub for gamers and stream...
It is time to run the installer. After downloading the installer directly from the official website, the installer will likely install the Discord app’s latest version.
How To Update Discord on Android
The Discord Android application is updated automatically, just like desktop computers. If you are having problems with the new version update, make sure that your update options are active. So, to update Discord on Android with the following steps;
- Sign in to the Google Play Store.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the left.
- Then click on the My games and apps section.
- Find the Discord app on your list.
- If there is an update option next to your Discord application, click it.
Conclusion on Updating Discord
As a result, Discord does not use the “Check for updates” or “Update” features in its users’ interface. Therefore, when users restart the program, it automatically updates Discord. Similarly, some users have problems with updates because of not exiting the program or because of virus programs. In this post, we’ve explained the Discord Update Failed: What to Do? questions and how to update Discord. Feel like you are on the wrong review? Finally, were you looking for the same solution but for Chrome? Then why don’t you take a look at our guide named How to Update Google Chrome?
Buy Discord Members by Instafollowers with an affordable price and improve your discord server with us!