Part social networking service, part blogging platform, Tumblr is one of the favorite social media platforms of teens and young adults. With its easy to use highly customizable features, Tumblr offers a space to share your interests and hobbies, connect with like-minded people, create an art portfolio, or just blog about what is on your mind with fun videos GIFs. Tumblr users can follow as many blogs as they like. This may cause your feed to become overcrowded with content you don’t care for after a while. Also, you may like to cut ties with annoying bloggers or inactive blogs. If this is your case, we made a step by step guide on how to unfollow blogs on Tumblr.
How to Unfollow on Tumblr Website
Follow these steps to unfollow blogs on your computer:
- Open tumblr.com on your web browser.
- Log in to your account.
- Type in the account you want to unfollow in the search bar on the top of the screen.
- Click on the “Unfollow” button on the upper right of the blog post.
- Click “Yes” to confirm.
- When you see the “Follow” button where the “Unfollow” button was, you have unfollowed the account.
How to Unfollow on Tumblr App
Follow these steps to unfollow blogs in the Tumblr app on your mobile device:
- Open Tumblr App and go to your profile.
- To see the blogs you are following, tap “Following” on the right.
- Tap on the person icon on the right of the blog you want to unfollow.
- Tap “Unfollow.”
How to Mass Unfollow on Tumblr
It is a little bit more tricky to mass unfollow all the accounts you are following. Tumblr doesn’t have an “Unfollow All” option, but if your following count is just too great to unfollow manually, you can use an unfollow script using Imacros for Google Chrome.
- Open Google browser and Imacros.
- Copy and paste the “Unfollow All” code. You can find the code online.
- Log in to your account and open your following list.
- Change the number of loop according to how many blogs you want to unfollow.
- Press “Play Loop” and let the magic work.
You can check out video tutorials about this to get a better understanding.
Conclusion on Tumblr
In this article, we covered how to unfollow blogs on the Tumblr website and Tumblr App. We also touched on how to mass unfollow by using an “unfollow all” code and how to unfollow inactive Tumblr blogs so that you can update your “following list” containing only active users that you deem follow-worthy. If you liked this article, you may also like how to report someone on Tumblr as well.