Archiving is one of the best features that Instagram offers. Instead of deleting a photo or video you’ve shared on Instagram, you can hide it from your profile by archiving it. So this way, you can learn how to archive or how to unarchive on Instagram, and you will be able to use this application in your daily life. Today we will tell you how this useful feature works.
What Does Unarchive Mean on Instagram
On Instagram, you can remove your photos from the archive section instead of deleting them that you have accidentally deleted or have to delete in some way. Sometimes, among the photos we shared, there were shares that we regret deleting or that we had to delete for some reason.https://influencermarketinghub.com/why-you-should-not-buy-instagram-followers/
Instagram allows users to get rid of this problem. Users can move photos directly to the section, which is called Archive, instead of deleting the photos they don’t want to appear in their profile.
How to Access Instagram Archive
Let’s say you want to share your archived post again. For this:
- Open your Instagram account and go to your profile page.
- Touch the clock icon from the options at the top right.
- If there is no clock icon, click the three lines at the top right and press Archive from the pop-up menu.
Now that you’ve reached the archive section, we can now see how you can restore an archived share.
How to Archive Photos on Instagram
You can only do this from your mobile device; it is not currently possible to archive your shares or access the archive files via the web site as Instagram states.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap to the post you want to archive.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of your photo or video share you want to add to the archive, and select Archive from the menu.
- When you tap this section, your photo will no longer appear in your profile and will be stored in the Archive.
How to Unarchive a Post on Instagram
Since the archive feature is used for both stories and posts, there are two options in the top pane of the screen.
- Post archive
- Stories archive
In terms of Instagram stories, this feature is done automatically. This means that users do not need to build an additional archive for shared stories. However, the situation for shares is slightly different. To archive the posts, users have to archive them themselves. Thus they can remove the archived photo from the profile.
Since you want to restore a share, let’s focus only on the Post Archive at this moment. By following the steps above, we can now move on to how to unarchive a post.
- Once you have reached the Post Archive file, you can view your archived posts.
- When you tap to the post you want to unarchive, you can see Show in the Profile option and Delete option.
- You can use the Delete option to completely delete or Show in Profile option to unarchive the post.
Archiving Instagram Stories
The stories that users shared are disappearing immediately after their daily expiration and never seeing again. However, you may want to review a story that you’ve shared later, send it to someone, download it to your phone, or just look again and revive your old memories. With this feature, users can access the stories and posts they have shared before. To do this, you can automatically save your Instagram stories to the archive.
To archive your Instagram Stories:
- Open the Options page by tapping the three dots right corner of your Instagram Profile page. Select the Story Controls option.
- On the page that appears, activate the Save to Archive option.
- Moreover, don’t forget that you can turn off that feature whenever you want.
In this way, you can automatically save photos and videos to your library without saving them to the phone. After the story disappears after 24 hours, you can see the photos and videos only in the Archive section.
With the archive option, you can easily hide your posts which are not interesting or you no longer like. Users who freeze their Instagram account for a long time and start using it again can also use the archive feature to draw attention to their old posts.
Users can bring back the archived share from the Archives section and show it back on their profile. Your share will come back with comments and likes on the first sharing date. In other words, not on the date which you wanted to remove it from the archive and reappear.