We now use emojis in all areas of our lives. We communicate using emojis on WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, and many more social media platforms. Today, we’ll tell you how to write the Shrug emoji that we all love very much.
Where Does the Shrug Come From?
The Shrug Emoji is very common and frequently used nowadays. But it turns out that there is a rich history behind this emoji. According to research, the shrug was described by Charles Darwin in 1872. But of course, the scandal of Kanye West and Taylor Swift played a big part in making it so popular today. After the scandal of Kanye West and Taylor Swift, with Kanye’s hand gesture, the shrug started to be used on many social media platforms, especially Twitter.
Typing the Shrug Emoji
While writing the Shrug emoticon may seem difficult, it is quite simple. Now we will tell you how to write Shrug emoticon on Android and iPhone.
To type Shrug Emoticon on iPhone:
- First, copy the Shrug emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- Open Settings on your iPhone. Click on General and tap to the Keyboard option.
- Next, tap on Shortcuts located at the bottom of the screen and hit the Text Replacement option.
- Now, press the “+” sign in the top corner of the screen and paste the Shrug emoticon in this area.
- Then type Shrug emoticon in the field that says Shortcut and save.
- From now on, when you type shrug, your keyboard will suggest you replace this word with the phrase.
To type Shrug Emoticon on Android:
- First, copy the shrug emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- Now, click on the Language Section in your phone’s Settings. Then, click on Input and tap to the Personal Dictionary option.
- On the appearing screen, select the option for all languages and press the plus icon.
- Then, you will now see the Write a Word field. Paste the shrug emoticon in this area.
- Lastly, type the emoji name or a name of your choice in the shortcut field and hit save.
- That’s it. Now you can easily and quickly type Shrug emoticon whenever you want.
Conclusion About Shrug Emoji
In this article, we explained the meaning of the emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, which we see quite often on social media platforms, and how it is written. The Shrug emoji is an emoji that explains some situations very well, and you can easily type this Shrug emoji on your iPhone and Android devices with the methods we have given above.