Circulation on Instagram is very fast. Millions of messages are posted, content is shared, or interacts per second. You don’t want to miss all these activities, do you? Then you have only one thing to do. Turn on Instagram notifications! If you don’t know how to do it, we’ll tell you how to do it in a few simple steps. You can do this easily for both Android and IOS. Thus, you can follow all the updates from your friends.
Why I Should Turn On?
When you receive a new message on Instagram or when one of your friends shares a new picture or video, you must turn on notifications to be notified immediately. So you get to know your friends’ social lives and use Instagram more effectively. If you don’t do that, using Instagram may sound a bit boring. You should participate in social life, improve your interaction by writing comments on shared content. It would be more fun to use Instagram if you get more followers. The fact that notifications are turned on makes the Instagram app more fun.
Android And IOS
Let us inform you about how to turn on Instagram notifications on your mobile devices with Android and IOS operating systems:
- Open Instagram app and login to your account
- Go to SETTINGS
- Tab on Notifications
- If ” Stop All” function is ON, You will not get any notification. Tab on it and open notifications
- Choose notifications that you want to receive ( DM, Posts, Stories, Comments, Likes etc )
- But first check the general settings of your device. Make sure you allow Instagram app in notifications section.
- Go to device Settings
- Clcik to Notifications
- Find Instagram app
- And tab on to ” Allow notifications”
- Choose notification type
- You can do it also at Instagram app settings
Instagram Notification Not Working?
Have you tried the above methods and it didn’t work? Don’t panic. Let’s take a look at the possible problems. Especially in the Android operating system, sometimes you will not see notifications on the main screen at your mobile phone. This is the classic features of Android. You may experience this problem not only on Instagram, but also on other applications. IOS is less likely to experience problems like this. IOS is better at this and instantly transmits notifications (unless you block it)
Solution – How To Fix?
You wanted to turn on Instagram notifications but it is not working. Here are some solution methots to fix it:
- In the settings of the Instagram application, it may not be enough to allow notifications. Also check the notifications in the general settings of your device. Make sure the Instagram application is in the list of permitted applications.
- Restart your Instagram app
- Update your app. Maybe you are still using old version
- Check your OS version. You have to use updated version. If not, please update it
- If these suggestions do not work, report a problem to Instagram customer service and request support
How to Turn On/Off Push Notifications for Instagram
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile icon at bottom right corner.
- Your profile will show up. Tap on the Hamburger Menu icon at the top right and select Settings from the menu.
Instagram app settings
- Now, scroll down until you see Push Notification Settings or just Notifications. Click that.
Instagram Push Notifications
Under Push Notifications, you will find a few options which you can use to customize the push notifications. By default, push notifications are already on for all the activities.
The options are pretty much self-explanatory and you should definitely not have any problems while figuring them out.
For example, if you would like to turn off push notifications for Likes, comments or comment likes on your photos or videos then Select Off under said tab.
You will also find an option to disable push notifications for Live Videos on the same screen.
You can also stop receiving First Post and Story Notifications under First Posts and Stories section.
Similarly, you can go ahead and change other push notification settings if desired.
You can anytime enable the notifications by following the same procedure but select From Everyone or From People I Follow instead of Off.
From your Phone(iOS 12)
In order to turn on Notifications for Instagram as a whole go ahead and follow these steps.
- First, open settings on your phone
- Then tap “Notifications”
- Next, you will want select “Instagram”
- Toggle “Allow notifications” on
- Choose if you want Notifications to show on your lock screen, notification center, and banners
- You can also adjust if you want to see previews all the time, when phone is unlocked, or never.
- First open android settings
- Then, go to apps
- Find Instagram and tap it
- Then, click notifications to open up notification settings
- Finally, Toggle the Notification On. It should be blue.
Note: If you want to receive notifications from Instagram even in the “Do Not Disturb” mode, toggle the grey “Treat as priority” switch too.
After reading this article you should have learned how to turn on Notifications for Instagram. If you still haven’t shoot us a message and our team will be glad to help.
We recommend that you read our previous article titled How To Upload to Instagram From Mac? 2019