Although tie has the leading role in special days and business life, many people are having difficulty wearing it today. This simple process can be difficult and complicated when you try to do it every morning in a big flurry. It is crucial to wear it properly because it is usually worn in formal places and situations.
Of course, it will make you look more serious and respectable. There are several alternative tying methods, and you can do it by choosing the one you want. After finding the option that is the easiest and most pleasing for you, you can start tying quickly without any difficulty. So, we will explain to you how to tie a tie step by step and in detail.
How to Tie a Four in Hand Knot?
Because of its practicality, Four in Hand is known as the world’s most preferred tying style. As it is effortless to do and takes a short time, we will first discuss this method in our article because the Four in Hand knot technique is the fastest learned and most straightforward technique you can learn among tying techniques. Four in Hand Knot is one of the oldest tying techniques, and the tie tied with this technique has a narrow and long knot.
Steps For Four in Hand Knot
Now, see how you can do this method step by step:
- Firstly, put on your shirt and lift the collar of your shirt.
- Now put your tie on your shirt’s collar with the wide end fitting to your right side. Make sure that the wide end of your tie is longer than the thin end of it.
- Hold the wide end of your tie with your right hand, slide it over the thin end to the left.
- Then, take the wide end of your tie behind the thin end and take it to the other side.
- Similarly, make another round by moving the wide end over the small end.
- Now you will almost have a knot. Take the wide end of your tie up from the back of the formed knot and then pull it down by passing it through the loop formed at the front. In short, thread the wide end of your tie through the knot.
- Finally, tighten your knot slightly and push it a little towards your neck if. That’s it. Now you have tied your tie with a Four in Hand knot.
How to Tie a Half Windsor Knot?
There are two types of Windsor knots, half Windsor and full Windsor. The half Windsor knot type is a knot type similar to the full Windsor knot, but easier to make. The half Windsor knot, which has a triangular shape, is generally preferred in the open collar or classic collar shirts. The Half Windsor knot is larger than the Four in Hand knot and has a less complicated technique than Full Windsor.
Half Windsor is a symmetrical triangular knot suitable for formal occasions. This knot type is ideal for most types of ties. However, it is worth noting that this knot type’s best fabric will be thin and light fabrics. Once you have learned the half-Windsor technique and started to do it quickly, you can easily do the full Windsor binding technique, which is also our other title.
Steps For Half Windsor Knot
Here are the steps for Half Windsor Knot:
- First, pass the wide end of your tie that you put on your collar over the narrow end and take it to the opposite side.
- Then pull the wide end of it upwards from the back of the narrow end, trying not to distort the angle.
- Pass the wide end of your tie over the narrow end to the front. And then, pass it over the back of the knot that begins to form and move it to the left.
- Now run the wide end of it over the narrow end. Take the wide end of your cravat back to the other side, and then pull it back up from the formed knot’s back.
- Finally, pass the wide end of your tie through the knot at the front and gently squeeze the knot you create.
How to Tie a Full Windsor Knot?
The full Windsor knot is mostly used for celebrations and special days because it looks cooler. The full Windsor knot is a slightly more complicated type of knot than the Four in Hand knot. But if you want your cravat to look bigger and voluminous, the Full Windsor knot will be the best choice for you. Although it seems a little difficult to do full Windsor Knot, it is enough for you to hide your shirt’s last button to make it. If you can do half Windsor knot technique, you can do the full Windsor technique very quickly.
With just a few additions, you can convert your half Windsor knot to full Windsor knot. The ties made with the Full Windsor binding technique have a large structure. It will be better for you to prefer split collar shirts such as Italian collar or Windsor collar, as they are more oriental, or you can choose a necktie.
Steps For Full Windsor Knot
Top 10 Useful Websites
The internet is a huge place. It is in our hands to use it to its best. When we look at the things we do, the things we want to know, the places we wa...
Now, you can follow the steps below to do a full Windsor knot:
- First of all, unlike the Four in Hand method, when placing your tie on your collar to do the Full Windsor Knot, leave one end longer because you will have to circulate the wide end of your tie two times around the narrow end.
- After placing your tie on your shirt’s collar, take the wide end of it you put on the other side by gently passing it over the narrow end.
- Gently pull the wide end of your tie upwards from the thin end’s back without disturbing the fabric and angle.
- Now, take the wide end of your tie over the narrow end and take it to your front. And then you will see that a small knot has been formed; behind the knot that begins to form, move the wide end of it to the other side.
- If you have done this successfully, you will not have any difficulty in the current step. Repeat the same move to the left to convert the half Windsor node you have made into a full Windsor node.
- Finally, hold the knot you completed in the last round with your left hand and pass your tie’s wide end through this knot. Squeeze your knot slightly and then look in the mirror because you now have a great full Windsor knot.
Conclusion on How to Tie a Tie
In this article, we told you how to tie a tie. There are many methods of tying, but we shared the three most preferred techniques today. The easiest of them is the Four in Hand technique, and if you are going to do it for the first time, it will be easier for you to start with this technique. You can also check the video tutorials. Remember that tie is something that must be used in formal places, and knowing the tying techniques will be very life-saving information for you.
If you want to learn more about such topics, please read our articles in the daily tips category. We are touching upon many simple but important things in our daily lives.