You can tag Your Friends in your Facebook photos, videos, status notifications, location sharing, or other sharing. With Facebook’s tagging feature, you can show who’s in an event or photo. Do you know how to tag someone on Facebook? Continue reading if you don’t know. We’ll tell you how to tag someone in both the web and mobile application.
How Does Tag Function Work?
Tagging is a special type of link. When you tag someone, you create a link in timeline on user profile page. The post you tagged, can also be added to the person’s timeline. For example, you can tag a status update to tell who you’re doing the photo or to tell who you’re doing something with to show who’s in a photo. If you tag a friend on Facebook in your status update, anyone who sees the update can click on your friend’s name to go to the timeline. You can also show your status update in your friend’s timeline. You can also tag people who aren’t your friends. Facebook allows it.
How to Tag on Mobile?
- Open the Facebook mobile app
- Sign in to your Facebook account
- Click on “status” in Facebook application
- In the “Write Post” window, type the status you want to share and click on the “tag” icon at the bottom
- In the drop-down menu, select the person or people you want to tag in your status from the friends list. Then click the “Done” button at the top right
- You can share the status of your friends or friends by clicking the “share” button at the top right of the screen.
Another practical method is to tag the person you want to tag in the status share by typing them after [email protected] sign. For example: I’m at cinema with @Sarah
I Cannot Tag Friends. What is Solution?
If you can’t tag someone you want to tag on Facebook, it’s due to that person’s privacy settings. Because some users do not like this kind of activity and do not want to be in pictures or videos. That’s why the privacy settings may have chosen “No one can tag me.” If he/she has a choice, you can’t tag! There is no solution for this. Because privacy is very important to every user. If he-she doesn’t want it, there’s no point in insisting. Leave them alone and enjoy Facebook!
Tag on Photo
To tag yourself or a friend in a photo:
- To enlarge the photo, click on it.
- Click tag photo at the bottom.
- Click on the person in the photo and start typing his name.
- When the entire name of the person you want to tag appears, select that name.
- Click Finish tagging.
When you tag someone on Facebook in a photo, the Friends of that person can see it, like it, or comment on it. Also, if you tag a photo that wasn’t uploaded by a friend, the person who uploaded the photo needs to approve the tag.
Additionally, tagging people is a great function for people who wish to network like crazy. The feature lets us to revive old fierce moments which we shared with peers, and engage with new people to live better moments than ever before. Therefore, it is important to use this feature to its true potential, and to have fun.