You can easily suggest one of your friends or acquaintances to be friends with your other friend on Facebook. The social networking site offers a perfect shortcut for its users to suggest friends on Facebook.
How Can You Recommend A Friend on Facebook?
- Tap the Facebook application on your phone (both iPhone and Android devices) or tablet.
- Open your friend’s profile you’d like to suggest to your other friend.
- You will see the blue-white ‘Friend’ icon next to the ‘Message’ button.
- Tap the ‘Suggest Friend’ option from the menu that comes up.
- Type the friend name you want to suggest and then click the ‘Suggest friend’ button next to his/her name. That’s it!
Turn Off Facebook Friend Suggestions
If you want to stop friend suggestions and don’t want to see a new ‘, You Have a New Friend Suggestion’ notification anymore, luckily, there is a great method to stop it.
- Edit your Facebook notification settings on both the mobile app and desktop.
– Go to the ‘Settings & Privacy’ section and then choose ‘Settings.’
– Tap the ‘Notifications’ option on the left sidebar.
– Tap ‘People You May Know’; turn off ‘Allow Notification on Facebook’ completely, or can select to stop receiving the notifications in specific places; ‘Push, ‘Email,’ or ‘Sms.’
Remember, these steps can be used on both the Facebook application and the Facebook website.
FAQs About Facebook’s Friend Suggestions
There can be several reasons. For instance, one of your friends can’t find the other one’s account name, so he/she can ask for help to find the account.
It means that someone in your Friends list has suggested you as a friend. At this point, you will have two options; you can reject or accept.
Yes, you can; open the ‘People You May Know’ section from Notifications and then activate ‘Email,’ ‘Sms,’ or both.
The answer is clear- he/she’s mentioned you directly. Suppose, if he/she tags you in his/her content or mentions you in a photo/video, you will get a notification, right? Like that. You can reject or accept; the choice is yours!
There is no way to do this. You can try to suggest one by one.
Suggesting Friends On Facebook In Short
Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms, and you have most probably lots of friends there. You can recommend your friend to another one. When you suggest friends on Facebook, your friends will get the ‘You Have a New Friend Suggestion’ notification.
If you liked this article about Facebook, you may be interested in our other articles about the platform. You may like how to poke on Facebook.