Now that our time is very valuable, we may sometimes want to speed up the videos while watching them. After all, if we can watch a two-hour video in one hour, why shouldn’t we consider this option? Vimeo is one of the best platforms where videos are shared and watched. In Vimeo, a platform used by many people, sometimes you may want to change the speed levels of the videos you watch. If you have tried to do this on the Vimeo website before but have not found the speed control section in the video, do not be disappointed because we will tell you how to do it now. There are several ways you can follow to change the speed of videos. If you want to learn how to speed up Vimeo videos, you can continue reading this article.
There are two ways to speed up videos on Vimeo:
- You have to be a member of Vimeo Pro, Premium or Business.
- Or, you should install a plug-in to your internet browser.
How Can I Speed Up Videos on Vimeo?
Vimeo asks you to have a paid subscription so that you can change the video speed. Unfortunately, if you have a regular membership, you do not have the chance to change the speed of the videos. To increase the speed of your video, you need to have Vimeo Pro, Premium or Business account.
If you have one of these memberships, you can enable the speed controls for your videos to optimize the viewing experience of your videos yourself. So viewers of your video can speed up or slow down the video speed as they wish, so they can enjoy your video more and watch your content faster.
How Can I Have a Paid Vimeo Account?
You can speed up or slow down the speed of your videos in Vimeo. Still, this feature is only available to subscribers. So you have to be a paid subscriber to use this feature. Here are the steps to get a paid account:
- First, go to the https://vimeo.com address and click to the see plans button for the paid membership types.
- You will see the types of Vimeo membership. You have to choose Pro, Business, or Premium membership to speed up your videos.
- Choose the one which suits you the best you can try a free trial, or you can purchase it now.
- After selecting the membership type, go to your videos to see embed settings, and you will see the Speed Controls section under the video controls part of your page.
- Enable the Speed Controls section, and then, you will be able to speed up your videos on Vimeo.
- Do not forget that you can also add speed controls to a preset in your account settings so that you can apply that preset to whichever video you want.
- Once you enabled the speed controls, you will be able to modify the speed for your videos whenever you want.
Steps to Find the Speed Control Menu on Vimeo Videos
- First, go to the video, which you have enabled the speed control.
- Click to the gear icon in the upper right corner of the video, then you will see the speed menu on there.
- You can see the speed options here, 0.5x, Normal, 1.25x, 1.5x and 2x. Just select which value you want.
- Then, you will see that the audio and video are adjusted to your preferences.
- And you should remember that you can change the speed value at any time you want.
How to Speed Up Videos on Vimeo with Extensions?
The only way to speed up videos in Vimeo in the shortest and easiest way is to download extensions. There are many extensions made to speed up videos on the internet. You can change the speed of videos as you wish by installing ‘’Vimeo Repeat and Speed’’ extension to your computer. But this extension is only working on Chrome.
So if you are using Firefox, we can recommend you ‘’Video Speed Controller’’ extension to change the speed of the videos. Thus, you can use this extension not only on Vimeo but also on other video platforms too. You can speed up or slow down the speeds of the videos on Vimeo as you like and freely with these extensions.
Unfortunately, no, because Vimeo only offers the speed control option on its videos to users who have a paid subscription.
In fact, it all depends on what you want. You can choose the membership type that suits you best by looking at the properties of the memberships and the differences between each other in the Compare Vimeo Plans section of the Vimeo.
Yes, you can add speed control to the video you want. There is no limitation that Vimeo imposes on this subject.
We have covered how to speed up videos on Vimeo, and we hope that with this article, you can speed up the speed level in Vimeo as you wish.
Since we offer permanent methods, you can change the speed level of the video at any time by using one of these methods. Thus, you can save time. These methods do not only include video speed up, you can also slow down the video you watch and focus on a spot you missed. Thanks to the extensions for giving us the speed control menu, you are free to watch videos as you wish. You can use this feature in other video platforms as well.