Would you want to share your Instagram account on other social networks, but instead of writing your username, would you prefer to insert the link to your profile? Would you like to know how to copy the link of a given photo or video on Instagram to send it via WhatsApp to your friends? Do not worry. If you’re not quite sure how to do it, we can explain to you in a simple but also detailed way how to share an Instagram profile.
With this tutorial today, we want to show you how to copy the Instagram link. The operation is feasible both from a smartphone and from a computer. Depending on your actual needs, you can copy both the link of your profile and that of others and the posts, photos, or videos that are personal and those of other users.
We are sure that in the end, you will be able to tell yourself very happy and satisfied with what you have learned and that, in case of need, you will be ready to provide useful information on what to do to all your friends.
How to Share Profiles on Instagram
If you need to share Instagram profiles, there are two methods to share them; copy the link to share an Instagram profile or use the “Share this profile” feature.
Copy the Link to Share an Instagram Profile
If you’d want to find out how to copy the link of the Instagram profile, yours, or another user’s, all you have to do is follow the simple instructions on what to do that you find below. You can do this from Android, iOS, Windows 10, and web browsers.
From Android and iOS
Do you want to copy the profile’s Instagram link using the service’s official app, available for Android smartphones, tablets, and iOS devices? In this case, the operation is feasible only for the profile of others.
- Grab your device, unlock it, access the screen where the icons of all applications are grouped, and tap on that of the famous photographic social network.
- Go to the profile of the account of your interest, press the button […] that is in the top right
- Select “Copy profile URL” from the menu that appears. Done!
From Windows 10
Even if you use the Instagram application for Windows 10, you can copy the posts but can’t copy the profile link. In this situation, you can copy the profile URL from the Web.
Also, and especially from the Web, you can copy the link of the Instagram profiles. In this case, it is feasible for your account and others.
First, start the browser on your computer that you generally use to surf the net (e.g., Chrome);
- Go to the main Instagram page, and log into your account.
- Once logged in, to copy your account’s link, click on the symbol of the little man at the top right to go to the page relating to your profile.
- Have a look at the link in the address bar at the top of the browser window. That is your profile link.
- To copy it to the clipboard, right-click on it and select copy from the menu that appears. Alternatively, left-click on the link and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (on Windows) or cmd+C (on Mac).
If you want to copy the link of another account, first go to the profile by typing its name in the search bar at the top of the page and then selecting the relevant result.
Then repeat the same procedure seen above for what concerns your account: right-click on the link in the address bar and choose copy or highlight the link and use the appropriate keyboard shortcuts.
Sharing Profile with “Share This Profile” Feature
If you need to share the link of the Instagram profile of your interest with other users who, in turn, use the famous social network, instead of choosing the above option from the menu that appears after pressing the […] button, select “Share this profile” and select the users to share with. It allows you to share profiles on DM; however, you can do that just on mobile apps.
You follow these steps to share a profile on Instagram;
- Open the Instagram app.
- Choose a profile to share.
- Tap on the profile and three dots icon.
- Select “Share this profile”.
- Choose accounts to share the profile and tap on the “Send” button.
Copy the Link to Share an Instagram Post
If you are interested in finding out how to copy URL on Instagram, the proper instructions on what to do are below. You can download Instagram photos by copying the link of the post. The operation is always feasible from mobile, computer, and the Web. You will not have to do anything particularly complicated in all three cases.
From Android and iOS
To understand how to copy the link of posts on Instagram from an Android smartphone, tablet, or iPhone to identify the photo or video of your interest and tap on it.
Press the three dots button at the top right and select the “Copy link” from the menu that appears. That’s all!
And if you want to know how to copy the link to the clipboard and share it directly with instant messaging, keep reading. Only for what concerns the photos and videos on your profile, to copy the link, you have to follow this other procedure:
- Select the post of your interest.
- Press the […] button at the top right.
- Choose “Share” from the open menu and “Copy link” from the additional screen.
From Windows 10
To copy the link of the posts on Instagram by Windows 10 app;
- You need to locate the photo or the video of your interest and click on it.
- Then click on the three dots button at the top right and choose the “Copy link” option from the open menu.
If you want to copy the link to the clipboard to share the content on Facebook, instead of the item above, you can directly select the “Share on Facebook” option & share the post.
How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat
Snapchat is a social networking service that enables communication with multiple individuals. This platform provides group chat features to facilitate...
Twitter Help Center
As we all know, Twitter has become one of the most popular social platforms. We can easily keep up with current news and global events now, thanks to ...
In the specific case of the photos and videos you have published on your profile, I would like to point out that the operation is not feasible. If you intend to obtain the link to share the content elsewhere, you can only enable the publication on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Tumblr at the time of the first sharing of the photo or video.
If you want to understand how to copy the link of the posts on Instagram from the Web;
- You must locate the photo or video that interests you and left-click on it.
- At this point, click on the three dots button at the bottom right of the window dedicated to the post shown on the screen and select “Copy link” from the open menu.
If you then wanted to understand how to copy the post link on Instagram to share photos and videos on Facebook or via e-mail, after clicking on the […] button at the bottom right, select the “Share” option and choose whether to share the post on Messenger or by e-mail.
Paste the Copied Instagram Links
Have you copied the Instagram link to the clipboard, and now you don’t know how to paste it where you think it is more appropriate? Don’t worry; we’ll explain how to proceed. Below you will find the operations performed on Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
- If you are using Android, open the app where you want to paste the link you just copied, press the point on the display where you want to insert the link and keep pressing until the menu appears, then tap the Paste command.
- If you use iOS, go to the app where you intend to paste the link you just copied and tap anywhere you can enter text. From the menu that opens, tap the Paste option.
- If you are using Windows, open the program where you want to paste the link you copied earlier, right-click where you can insert text, and select Paste from the menu that appears. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V.
- If you are using macOS, open the application where you want to paste the link you copied earlier, right-click where you can insert text, and select Paste from the menu that appears. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut cmd+V.
To Conclude, How to Share an Instagram Profile
If you have traced all the steps described above for the specific platform or device you’re using, sharing an Instagram profile or post will be child’s play. You can share profiles on Instagram, DM, or other apps with your friends. It is possible to share Instagram profiles from the app and the Web. Also, the profile you share will not be notified! Thus, you can easily share by copying a link or using the “share this profile” feature.