Learning how to set up an Instagram Business Account is a must for most if not all businesses’ out there. There is enough cake for everyone with close to a billion users on the platform.
Photos and videos can be integrated with whatever you sell, whether it’s canvas art, drop-shipping, or online essay writing services there isn’t anything out there that can’t be sold with the right marketing and making use of all of Instagram’s features.
Even if you aren’t on Instagram, instead of paying for online ads you could consider to find influencers on Instagram with an audience relevant to your product/service and grow your brand awareness that way.
However, if you want to get ahead in your niche or field opening up an Instagram account for business is mandatory. We will go over how to set up an Instagram account for business.
How to Set Up an Instagram Business Account
Instagram is a place where you can get in touch with millions and sell stuff to them. It’s a known fact that 80% of users follow at least one business account.
In that case, we can easily say that utilizing Instagram is a must for most of the B2Cs, if not for all of them.
Knowing more about your audience is a superpower.
If you have the information that your audience is made up of mostly teenagers, then you can also know that you’ll have to get schwifty with your products or services.
Create Your Account
- The first thing you want to do is download the app if you don’t already have it. Instagram can be used on PC however it’s much easier to do so on a phone, phablet, or tablet.
- Then go ahead and create an account. Sign up with your e-mail and try finding a creative Instagram username. Also, note that if you have Facebook you can log in with your Facebook account and password. You will need a Facebook business account in order the make your Instagram account into a business one.
- Through your profile settings tap on “Switch to Business Profile.”
- That will prompt you to choose your Facebook Page. You must be an admin to do this. Set the page to “Public.”
- To complete your business profile, fill out the email, address, and phone of your business.
- If you don’t have a business page for Facebook you can create a new one when you get the option to choose a page.
- Create a title for the page and choose a category.
Customize Your Experience
- Add a profile photo, bio resembling your business and use them to your advantage, for example, you can change your bio for promotions, welcoming a newcomer or briefly explaining what it is that you do and things of that nature
- Start learning how to use the app and grow your follower base.
- Be persistent and always post quality content.
- Don’t forget to check out the best times available for posting.
FAQs About Instagram Business Account
What is better about having an Instagram business account is that you can see the statistics such as reach, engagement, and such. If you are interested in how your Instagram account is doing, and measure its performance, a business account would be nice to have.
A business account is free of charge and anyone can have or transform their profiles to a business profile at any time.
Although a business account offers many useful insights, it doesn’t let users see who specifically looked at their profile.
No. It is actually about having a high number of followers. If a business account has many followers, likes, comments, etc., its engagement will be higher.
Yes. Instagram allows its users to have 5 accounts maximum. It is up to you to decide which accounts are personal or business accounts. You can do it with one main account, so you don’t need to register to Instagram once again.
Conclusion – Business Account Is a Must
If you are serious about building a business strategy on Instagram, we can say that having a business account is a must for you. It’s much more enjoyable and stress-free than a regular Instagram account.
You can see how you got your impressions, how people engaged with you as Insights, and take action right away accordingly. Knowledge is power, so is Insights.
What’s the real job of a digital marketer if you don’t have to tools to analyze your performance? You can’t know your audience would buy men’s shoes if you don’t know most of your followers are men.
So, do you use Instagram to sell stuff online? If you do, what’s your niche? Let us know more about you in the comments section.
Thank you for reading this article!