One of the biggest social media platforms we all use, Instagram, is the app that comes to our minds when we talk about photo or video sharing. It has a lot to offer, from simply following people to sharing “stories” with crazy filters on it. In this article, we are going to touch upon how to search for new filters on Instagram.
The Instagram “Story” feature was added in 2016 along with the live-stream. From that point, Instagram Stories kept growing by adding filters, making polls, asking questions, and even adding songs with lyrics. Lately, there has been a huge interest in these new filters. These filters and effects appear when you record a story. These effects are called AR filters, which stands for Augmented Reality. Some of them are just the improved versions of good old clear skin, butterflies flying around- kind of effects and some of them let you play quick games with others by asking questions, and of course, some of them show you “Which Disney character” you are. We all love these features, but sometimes we see a filter or effect on someone’s story and wonder, “Where did they get that from?”.
If you are one of the users who struggle to find where these filters are coming from, this article shows you exactly how to search for new filters on Instagram and discover even more story filters.
Finding the Filter From People You Know
When someone posts a story with a filter on it, the name of the filter and the creator appear on top of the story.
To add or use that filter via your friend’s story:
- Tap on the filter name located on the left upper corner.
- You can choose to “Try It” to use the filter immediately or “Save Effect” to use it from your filter options.
Searching For Filters Via Effects Gallery
Until 2021, there wasn’t a way to search specific filters by name. Later they added the feature to browse the effects by their name. Here is how to do it:
- Tap to your Instagram camera.
- Scroll to the end of filters and effects.
- There will be a little magnifying glass icon to “Browse Effects.”
- Tap on “Browse Effects.”
- Touch the magnifying glass for searching on the upper right corner.
Searching Filters Via Creator’s Account
So, when you know the creator’s name of the filter you’d like to use or want to see more filters from that creator:
- Search the creator’s name and go to their profile page.
- Click on the little smiley face icon to see their filters.
- When you find the filter you want, tap the filter’s name at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Save Effect” to add it to your filters.
Finding Instagram Filters in Short
In this short article, we explained how to search for new filters on Instagram. Thanks to their developers since April 2021, it is a lot easier to search and find your favorite effects; we just helped let the users know how to do so.
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
If you want to learn more about Instagram, please read our latest articles about it. You may be interested in how to edit Instagram posts.