Whether on the phone or computer, we encounter moments that require us to take screenshots on almost any platform. And the easiest way to make a copy of an item on computers is to take a screenshot. Although it may seem confusing at first to take screenshots on computers with Windows operating system, it is not a complicated process. You can capture screenshots at any time with the support of Windows operating system service or by using some shortcuts on the keyboard. Now we will explain to you how to screenshot on Windows with the fastest and shortest methods.
Steps to Take a Screenshot on Windows
There is a simple and fast way to take screenshots on Windows, and this way is using the Print Screen key on the keyboard. With this method, you can easily take the image of your screen and then edit it by putting it in on Paint or similar applications.
- Firstly, open the page you want to take a screenshot.
- Now, find the Print Screen button in the top right of your keyboard. Usually, this key is written in an abbreviated form. Look for a button that says PrtScr, PrntScrn, or PrtScn.
- After you found it, press the Windows key on your keyboard and the Print Screen key combination at the same time.
- Your screen will be dark for a second, which means you have successfully taken a screenshot.
- Now you can find the image you took by going to the Pictures folder.
- From the Pictures folder, find the folder named Screenshots and click this folder.
- Images you take a screenshot are usually collected here. You can find your picture here.
- If you have trouble finding your picture, open the Paint program or any PhotoShop program, and press the CTRL+V key combinations on your keyboard at the same time.
- Thus, the picture that you took a screenshot will appear in the program.
- Lastly, you can save your screenshot, or if you wish, you can save after editing it.
How to Use Snipping Tool on Windows?
One of the most useful methods for taking screenshots on computers with the Windows operating system is to use the Snipping Tool. In fact, the Snipping Tool is not a tool well known by users. But unlike the other method, it allows you to take screenshots faster and more practical. Therefore, we recommend you to try this method because after learning this method, you will probably not want to apply other screenshot methods.
- First, open the page or screen where you want to take a screenshot.
- Then, you need to reach the Snipping Tool. To access this tool, type Snipping Tool in the Windows search box at the bottom right.
- After finding the program in the Search section, click on it. After opening it, click on the screenshot option you want from the Mode section at the top of the Snipping Tool. If you have the Windows 10 operating system, you will see four different cropping options in the drop-down menu.
- Take your screenshot by choosing the option you want.
- After completing this process, your screenshot will be copied to the clipboard. If you want to make changes or edit your screenshot, you can edit it with Paint or similar Photoshop applications.
How to Take a Partial Screenshot on Windows 10?
If you want to take a screenshot of a specific area on your screen, not the entire screen, while taking a screenshot on pc, you can also do this. You can simply perform this operation with a key combination, like in the first method we described above. But it is worth noting that this process does not work in Windows 7 or 8. You can only do this on Windows 10. So let’s see how to take a screenshot of part of the screen:
- First, open the page where you want to take a screenshot and stop exactly where you want to take a screenshot.
- Next, find the Windows, Shift, and S keys on your keyboard. Press these key combinations simultaneously.
- Your screen will be slightly darkened in a while, and you will see the + cursor instead of your mouse cursor.
- Move the cursor you see as + to the beginning of the area you want to take a screenshot of, and hold down the left mouse button on your mouse and drag it until the area you want to take a screenshot is finished.
- After taking your hand from the left mouse button, save your screenshot. Now your screenshot will be copied to the clipboard.
- If you want to edit your screenshot with Paint, open Paint and press paste with the right mouse button.
- Lastly, you can add the screenshot you have taken to the Paint and make changes.
Yes, the Spinning Tool is available on Windows 7, 8, and 10. The only difference of the Spinning Tool in Windows 10 is that it provides more features to its users when taking screenshots on Windows 10.
Open Paint or a similar program, right-click your mouse and click on the paste option. With this method, your screenshot should be copied to the clipboard, if this is not happening, try taking a screenshot again.
We have covered how to screenshot on Windows. Today, we need to take screenshots constantly because of our work, homework, or other reasons. While the process of taking screenshots on phones is quite simple, this can be a bit confusing on computers, and with this article, we tried to tell you that this is not so. If you want, you can take a screenshot of a page or part of the page you want by using the combinations on the keypad or using the Windows operating system’s own program. It is really possible to take screenshots in a very effortless way on Windows, and you can edit these images as you wish.
If you want to learn more about these daily life-saving topics, please read our latest articles about them.