Facebook is one of the oldest social media platforms in the world. Also, it is very populated with a monthly active user number of around 2.5 billion. Facebook is actively used since 2004 and plays an important role in the world of social networks. It offers many options such as posting content. So some of the users wonder how to schedule a post on Facebook.
Throughout the last years on the internet, Facebook has become a game-changer in many things. It changed the perspective of doing business and commerce.
Nowadays commerce on the internet is not limited to online shopping websites, either business. It is crucial for business owners to have a Facebook page. A Facebook page represents the aspects of your business, so it is important what content you share from that page.
To schedule a post on Facebook, you have to have a Business Page, you cannot schedule posts on a Personal Page.
Scheduling a post on your Business Page can improve the visibility of your message by your target audience. For example, if your business sells flowers, it would be a very good idea to schedule a post about a campaign for Valentine’s Day to the exact date. You can even schedule multiple posts and save time when you are promoting your business. That is why it is crucial for social media marketers.
Now let’s take a look at the steps to schedule posts ahead of time on a Facebook Business Page.
Steps to Schedule a Post
It is possible to schedule posts both on a desktop and on a mobile device. We will touch upon both of them. First, let’s take a look at how to schedule a post on a desktop.
Schedule a Post on a Desktop
- Enter your content to the box for sharing posts.
- Before you click on the ‘Share Now’ button, look at the News Feed section on that button.
- On the News Feed section, there will be a button that says ‘Share Now’ and it will have a drop-down arrow next to it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow, and select ‘Schedule.’
- Then a calendar will pop-up for your date adjustments.
- Adjust your date and time from the calendar and click on the ‘Schedule’ button.
- After you have adjusted your date and time, the button next to the ‘Boost Post’ button will change into ‘Later.’ The ‘Share Now’ button will change into the ‘Schedule Post’ button as well.
- Once you click on ‘Schedule Post,’ you are done.
Schedule a Post on a Mobile Device
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the ‘Publish’ button.
- Enter your content and tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will see a ‘When this will be published?’ question, there will be an arrow next to it. Tap on the arrow.
- Now you have entered the Publishing Options. Tap on ‘Schedule Later’ and now you can arrange the date and time from here.
You also have the ‘Save as Draft’ option as well.
If you can’t see the Publish button, first, save your post as a draft. Then access your post through the Page Publisher and click on the arrow next to the Edit button. Select ‘Schedule’ from the drop-down menu and now you can arrange the time and date of your post.
It is just like doing it on a desktop. Tap and hold on the link and tap on ‘Copy link address.’ Tap and hold in the space where you want to paste it. Then tap ‘Paste’ and you should see your copied link there. To copy a part of a text, tap and hold on the text and move your finger on the text.
You can see your draft under the ‘Write a post’ bar in your timeline. If you have more than one draft and want to reach them, you can do it from Publishing Tools. You can find your drafts on the menu on the left.
For business owners on Facebook, scheduling a post is crucial. That is why we have touched upon how to schedule a post on Facebook. It is possible to schedule the time to post on Facebook both on a desktop and on a mobile device and we have mentioned them step by step.