We have been sharing a lot of stories since the Instagram Stories feature came into our lives, and these stories include our videos and photos with our friends. Sometimes a friend on Instagram may have shared a story which you are in or a story about you, and you may want to share this story on your Instagram account too. It is now a very difficult and challenging process to ask them to send the post they shared and then share that post in your own account again. When we can easily and quickly repost a story, why would we want to extend this process right? It is effortless to repost a story on Instagram. So, now we will tell you how to repost an Instagram Story.
How to Repost a Story on Instagram
You can learn how to repost an Instagram story you are tagged in by following the steps below.
- Open Instagram from your mobile device and press the paper plane icon in the upper right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the Direct Messages section from here.
- When someone tagged you on their Instagram Story, you will already receive a notification. Click on the message of the person who shared your in their story; most likely, the message at the top will be that person’s message.
- After opening that person’s message, now you will see a notification that says ‘’@thatperson has mentioned you in their story’’.
- When you see this notification, you will see an option called Add This to Your Story next to the message. Press this button, and you will go to the story sharing section.
- You can edit this story again as you wish. You can write something on it or put stickers and emojis. After your editing is finished, tap the Next button.
- Lastly, you can repost this story by clicking the Share or Send button.
How to Repost an Instagram Story If I Am Not Tagged In
To repost an Instagram Story, the person who is sharing the story must have tagged you. Unless the owner of the story tagged you, the option “add this to your story” will not appear on your account. But sometimes people can really forget to tag you, and they may notice it later. If this is the case, you can ask that person to delete the story and tag you, but that person may not want to do it if it has been a long time since they shared the story. There are two options you can do in such a situation. You can share these stories in your own story, either by taking a screenshot of the story or by recording the story.
How to Record an Instagram Story
Sometimes the story you want to share can be a video too. If you have not been tagged in the story you want to repost, it is not impossible to share it on your Instagram story. It is still possible to share this story in your Instagram story by recording a screen. If you are using an iPhone, you can use iPhone’s own screen recording feature. Unfortunately, there is no such feature on Android devices, so you need to download a screen recorder from the Google Play Store. After opening the screen recorder, you can record any story by following the steps below.
- First, open your Instagram application and find the story which you want to share with your followers.
- To open the screen recorder, swipe up the screen if you are using an iPhone. If you are using Android, open the screen recorder application you just have downloaded.
- Turn on the screen recording and open the story. Stop the screen recording after the video ends.
- The screen recording will be automatically saved in your photo gallery. Now you can share this video on your Instagram Story.
FAQs About Reposting Stories
Yes, when someone mentions you in their story, you are receiving a notification, and when you share this story, they will receive a notification too.
No. Instagram will perceive the videos you record and share as if you were sharing a regular video, and no notification will be sent to anyone. But if the owner of the story watches your story, they can understand it. Therefore, it may be a good option to get permission before posting.
Yes, before sharing the story, you can only share it with the people you have added to this list by pressing the Close Friends button.
Reposting Stories in Short
We have covered how to repost an Instagram story. If you wanted to share an Instagram story in your Instagram Stories and did not succeed, we hope this article helped you.
You may also want to share a story you have been tagged with your followers on your Instagram profile. In particular, sharing a story you have been tagged in your own story is a very easy and short process. Sometimes we may want to share stories that we have not been tagged in. In this case, you can repost these stories too by choosing one of the two ways we explained above. We have explained all the details of repost a story on Instagram, and now you can repost the Instagram stories as you wish!
To learn more about Instagram, please read our latest articles about it. You may like our article about editing Instagram stories as well.