Youtube is an excellent video sharing system, and it is one of the most used sites in the world. On this platform, new channels are opening almost every day, and a lot of new Youtube videos are uploading by these channels. This means that everyone can find a video to watch on this site. But sometimes, some videos we watch on this channel may disturb us. This situation may become bigger from time to time, and you may feel uncomfortable through a direct channel. In such a case, you have the right to share your complaints about that channel for the sake of your and other viewers’ safety. If you are wondering how to report a YouTube channel, you can find the answer in this article.
Report Criteria on YouTube
First of all, you cannot report a channel or a video just because you wanted to. YouTube is very carefully investigating these reports, so it means that you must have a reason before you can report a channel or video on YouTube. YouTube has created certain topics for this. You can see these topics below.
- Abusive Content
- Cyber Bullying
- Impersonating Someone Else
- Severe Threats
- Endangering Children
- Hate Speech Against a Protected Group
- Spam and Scam
How to Report a Channel on YouTube
YouTube allows you to report accounts that creates offensive content, or that you believe violate the rules. It is useful to take these complaints seriously because if there is a serious violation, YouTube will ban the channel that received these complaints.
If you want to report a YouTube channel, the channel must have been violating one or more of the reasons we have listed above. If you are sure about this situation, you can report a YouTube account by following the steps below:
- First, open your computer and go to the YouTube website. Log in to your account and find the channel which you want to report.
- After finding the channel you want to report, click on the three dots under the channel’s cover image.
- Now, click the Report button, which is like a flag shape. After this, you will see a drop-down menu. At the bottom of the menu, you will see the Report User option, click on it.
- You have to pick the main reason why you want to report that channel. You will see the topics we have mentioned above, choose a topic for your report.
- Then, click the Next button, and YouTube will give you a form. You can add more details about your report to this form if you want. After that, tap the Continue button.
- Now, this is the time to wait. Your report will be checked by a member of YouTube’s staff. After submitting your report, a member of YouTube will check the channel and do a thorough review. If you have reported your complaint correctly and there was a serious violation or if the owner of the channel in question had similar violations in the past, that person’s channel will be closed.
How to Report a Video on YouTube
Sometimes you may want to report a video, not just a channel. Reporting a video is much easier, and you can do this with all your mobile devices and any computer. In fact, the process of reporting a video is somewhat similar to reporting channels. You must have a valid reason because YouTube examines the reports in detail. So it is very important that the share you complain contains a rule violation, or you must have a logical reason.
After making a report, you must leave the rest to the YouTube team, if this video has received enough reports or if there is a violation of a rule in it, this video will be removed from YouTube. To report a video, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open your browser and log in to your YouTube account.
- Find the video you want to report and open the video.
- When the video starts playing, you will see a three-dot button under the player, click it.
- Select the Report option from the drop-down menu bar at the left of the video player.
- The Report Video window will appear. YouTube will ask you why you report the video, select your reason.
- Click the Next button and type your complaints about the video.
- Lastly, click on the Send button to send your report to the YouTube team.
FAQ About Reporting a YouTube Channel
No, reports on YouTube are made anonymously, and you cannot find out who reported your account or video.
No, when you report someone’s content, that person cannot learn that you have reported. This works the same way, and you cannot find out who reported you too.
Channels on YouTube do not close immediately, and it usually takes time. First, the YouTube team needs to investigate this complaint and see if there is really a rule violation.
Conclusion on Reporting a YouTube Channel
In this article, we have explained in detail how to report a YouTube channel. You can report the channels that you are not satisfied with the content, or if you think they violate the rules. Remember, YouTube takes notifications seriously and examines them in detail. In addition, instead of reporting a YouTube account, you can report a single video. It is easier to report a video. We hope this article worked for you and will help you have a happier moment on YouTube.
If you have more questions about YouTube, check out our latest articles about it.