It is possible that we can have more than one Instagram account. People get multiple Instagram accounts for several reasons. Sometimes just for fun or for our business. However, after some time, people tend to forget about them, but the followers do not. Instagram users ask ‘how to remove an Instagram account‘ because their other accounts are in danger of being hacked or simply do not want to take care of them.
Multiple Instagram accounts have become popular throughout recent years. There are lots of secondary accounts, which are pet accounts. It sounds fun, but it loses interest after a while.
Removing One of the Multiple Accounts
It is possible to remove accounts from Instagram when you have multiple accounts. Follow these steps to remove your unwanted accounts from Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap your profile photo on the bottom right side of the page.
- Tap on the arrow next to your username.
- Select the account you want to remove from Instagram from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the button with three lines, and then tap on Settings.
- Go to the ‘Logins’ section at the bottom of the page and tap on ‘Multi-Account Login.’
- Tap on the account you want to remove. It will ask you ‘Remove Account?’
- Tap on the red ‘Remove’ button, and it is not a Multi-Account anymore.
- Then switch your account to the unwanted account.
- Go to the ‘Logins’ section again and select ‘Log Out x Account.’
- Choose whether you want Instagram to remember your login info or not.
- Tap on ‘Log Out,’ and your unwanted account is gone forever.
That’s it; your unwanted account is now gone. Once you have completed these steps, you will realize that you do not have multiple accounts anymore when you go to the Logins section. Of course, if you had two accounts.
It might seem like a long process, but it is the only proper way to remove one of your multiple accounts. If you do not tap on the red ‘Remove’ button from the ‘Logins’ section and stay on your main account, you might accidentally end up deleting your account.
How to Temporarily Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
Sometimes you can think of deleting your Instagram account because you are mad at someone or something on Instagram, or you just want to take a break from your Instagram life.
We get bored of social media sometimes. A part of us wants to leave everything on social media and walk away clean from that world. But another part of us cannot let go. This is where temporarily deactivating your account kick in.
Most of the social media platforms do not let people temporarily deactivate their accounts. It is either you stay or get out. If you decide to stay but not look at it for a few weeks, you end up having too many notifications when you turn back.
Luckily, Instagram lets us deactivate our accounts temporarily. This way, you can get out anytime you like, but you do not have to leave. Here are the steps to temporarily deactivate or disable (as Instagram puts out) your account:
- Open Instagram from a desktop and log in.
- Click on your username and open your account page.
- Click on ‘Edit Profile’ next to your username.
- At the bottom right of the page, you will see ‘Temporarily disable my account.’
- You will be directed to another page and here, choose your reason for disabling your account.
- Enter your password for a safety check and click on the ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ button.
That is it now your account would be disabled temporarily. If you permanently delete your Instagram account, keep in mind that you can’t reactivate deleted accounts. You can do it from the Delete Your Account Page. Tap on the option to permanently delete your account, and you are done.
Conclusion – Removing Instagram Accounts Is Easy
We have mentioned how to remove an Instagram account and how to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account. Although the deletion of an account looks like a complicated process, it is possible to remove an Instagram account without deleting all of your accounts.
If you don’t want to remove or permanently delete your account, you can temporarily disable your account. It is pretty simple and possible, unlike many other social platforms.
To learn more about Instagram, please check our latest articles about it.